Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beach machines

patch

I know you guysprefer the cz-21 and excaliber.where do you guys rate the whites beach hunter 300 compared to the other two?

I have the BHID 300, and think it's a great machine which is probably underrated. I have never used the CZ or Excal, however no matter what machine you use, beach conditions rule.

Actually, I prefer the Minelab CTX3030 with the 17 inch coil for the majority of my beach hunting and the Garrett Infinium LS for when conditions are really rough or if the beach has few targets and I want to get really deep.

I have a BHID 300, been out once with it...it is very sensitive, but I need more time out with it. I am confident that if a ring is under the coil, it will pick it up for sure, and pretty deep

I also was very interested in the White's BHID 300 myself until I called the whites California distributor and ask them about it for use here on the west coast beaches here in California. I was very surprised by there reply to me about the White's BHID 300 detector . To bad I do like most of the White's detectors and they are of very good quality.

My conversation with White's California distributor concerning the BHID 300.

I called White's advertised phone number and asked about the BHID 300. I was thinking of adding a VLF water proof detector to the heard for salt water beach use. To my surprise they did not recommend it at all for the salt water mineralized type beaches like here in California period and made that very clear to me. They said it works great for Florida, Hawaii and less mineralized salt water beaches and fresh water beaches as that's what is was designed for. They highly suggested the White's Duel Field for California or West Coast salt water beaches they also suggested the MXT that I had or just sold worked better here on the West Coast beaches but it is not water proof, oh well that's what they said no fooling.( and the MXT is a single frequency unit ??). I also ask and said I have heard the BHID 300 is a scaled down DFX in a water proof case with out the meter and all the adjustability features. They said yes it was based in so many words on that technology but still again made it clear he did not recommend the BHID 300 at all for West Coast beach use and said I would not be happy and suggested the White Duel Field to me again.

I guess I will just stick with the old Tesoro Sand Shark here on the west coast for my whet salt water beach machine and not get a multi frequency VLF water unit for now. The CZ21 and the Excal just cost more than I want to spend right now for a second whet salt water capable water detector, besides I like the way I got the Shark set up anyway.

Happy Hunting All, :detecting:
Bill G

Ha, well if the manufacturer rep THEMSELVES doesn't recommend their own unit for certain beaches (despite the name "beach" in the title of the unit), then ....... that's pretty telling. I mean, you'd expect them to want to rack up sales, so if they poo-poo a machine of theirs (albeit just for a select geographic, or type-of-sand/minerals), then it should give anyone pause to do it.

They're right: the machine , despite it's catchy name, is not suited for wet mineralized salts. Perhaps white sand beaches , versus cinnimon colored sand (which evidences minerals) .

As far as their recommendation that you go with the Whites Duel field: that's fine, if you're at a touristy clean beach that lacks lots of nails. But .... heaven-help-you if you got on a storm eroded beach, where nails were in abundance after mother nature reveals easy-targets for the pickens. And as far as their other recommendation for the MXT, no I would have to disagree with them on that. It is not a good wet sand beach hunter. I mean, sure, it'll work, but you'll get your b*tt kicked , depth-wise, by machines like the CZ's , excal's, explorer's, etc... If you want to stick to Whites brand for a wet sand beach hunter, a real good one to get is the 6000 Di pro. Make sure it's the "di pro" version (the last of the 6000s in their evolution). If you can get one on the used market, they are very good on wet salt. However, depth-wise, the CZs, excals, and explorers are going to go a tad deeper though.

Tom dont know whites d/f is the best machine for the beach. Yes it will find nails but it will beep twice on nailsand bobby pins. it will go deeper than cz or xcal. it finds gold like mad even tiny gold found 40 rings last yr. I know Tom,Sweeper man...Ozark

ozark said:
Tom dont know whites d/f is the best machine for the beach. Yes it will find nails but it will beep twice on nailsand bobby pins. it will go deeper than cz or xcal. it finds gold like mad even tiny gold found 40 rings last yr. I know Tom,Sweeper man...Ozark

Hey there Ozark :) Sure it'll go 2x as deep as standard coin/discriminator machines. I mean, go figure, it's a high-powered pulse! But as for the "beep twice"..... oh if I only had a dollar for everytime I heard a pulse proponent say that :) Lots of guys will say that, yet ........ truth be told ....... if they get on a nail-riddled beach, they're going to pull their hair out trying to spend all day "2nd guessing sounds". Doh! :surrender: And even to the extent what you're saying is true for straight nails, let's be honest: the pulse guys find themselves digging a whole bunch "just to be sure". And also fess up: the "double beep" trick only works for straight nails, not bent nails, right ? :unsure: And lastly, if a fine chain, or gold stick-pin etc ... were there , wouldn't they risk giving a "double beep" too, since they're not round uniform objects ?

Are you the "Ozark" that used to live out here in central CA (Prunedale area) back in the 1980s or so ?

I can tell the different sounds in the d/f of objects. yes moved yo tn. in 2000. now moving to fl. Ozark

Ha, well small world. Glad you're doing ok. I remember your stories of hunting parking strips in old areas, and deflecting busy-body lookie-lous, haha. And the line about "looking for the boy-scout ring your dad lost there when he was a kid". doh! Good to hear from you.