Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach scoop recommendations.

robo

Beach bug bit me.
Looking for any input on a quality Beach scoop.
Am in search of a scoop with carbon shaft handle.
Will be using mostly on dry sand and at the water line.
Looking in the $200 range

Beach bug bit me.
Looking for any input on a quality Beach scoop.
Am in search of a scoop with carbon shaft handle.
Will be using mostly on dry sand and at the water line.
Looking in the $200 range
My setup.
Looking for a better scoop than this

Attachments

• Resizer_16139194310460.jpg
    Resizer_16139194310460.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 246
I use the Stealth 920 and 720. Great scoops. I would also recommend that you check out Xtreme scoops.

Both the Stealth and Xtreme are pricey but you'll only ever buy one. Mine are still like new after many years of hard use.

I am not a beach hunter by any means...... but, I have seen a two of the long handle styles get bent or broken when trying to dig into wet sand. This is probably due to operator error (using as a pry bar rather than a scoop) but I have scoop with handle just above the scoop. I may have to bend down etc but it makes me work all my muscles!! Besides, where I am on the beach I only use it 10-15 times in a session ......

I have a 6" stainless scoop but Just my 2 cents only time I use a scoop is in the water just easier with all the rocks around I use a shovel like NH beach detector..
Mark

My mistake was buying one that was too small the 1st time. Especially when water hunting...you want one that is big/wide enough so the target doesn't squirt out. I ended up getting one that is 8" wide and it's fantastic. Also, get a long handle! You won't regret it...makes it so much easier than having to bend down. And if you go in the water like I do...often up to my chest, you'll need a long handle. Good luck!

If interested I have an Extreme stainless scoop for sale. Only used about a week Tip is a little rough as I used as a walking stick. Otherwise in perfect condition.
Just a little too heavy for me. I think the model was called sand sifter. $195 shipped NO handle. Ive bought fiber glass handled shovels at L###s and they work well for $10 !!

HH
Donna(NJ)

Attachments

• P1130930.JPG
    P1130930.JPG
    553 KB · Views: 230
  • P1130931.JPG
    P1130931.JPG
    517.1 KB · Views: 217
  • P1130932.JPG
    P1130932.JPG
    527.3 KB · Views: 225
  • P1130933.JPG
    P1130933.JPG
    502.8 KB · Views: 223
I use the Stealth 920 and 720. Great scoops. I would also recommend that you check out Xtreme scoops.

Both the Stealth and Xtreme are pricey but you'll only ever buy one. Mine are still like new after many years of hard use.
I went through 2 Stealth 920s, first I bought, second was replaced free and when I sent in the scoop a second time for replacement never heard from them again and read somewhere they'll replace ONCE the scoop. I liked the scoops, however. I do a lot of surf and rock work and even have gone through a few RTG aluminum scoops. I'm in the second season with my 9 1/2" T-Rex that I put a carbon fiber handle on and it has exceeded my personal expectations given the abuse I put a scoop through in my quest for gold.

Gold (2020) - 21
Silver (2020) - 33

Xtreme scoops have a lifetime warranty. Who's lifetime is the question. But they are built like a brick youknowwhat house and I highly doubt you can break one.