Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach settings?

jcooking

Hi all,
I'm on vacation in FL for the week and have never taken my explorer to the beach. I've got more that a dozen hunts in factory coin mode and don't know what will work best on a saltwater beach. I was wondering if anyone had advice of how to set up the machine for best success on a beach.
Thanks in advance and HH!
jcooking

A lot depends on how much trash and iron is on the beach you are hunting. Also i dont know how long you been using the Exp. I open up the sensitivity to 29 manual, anything beyond that just doesnt seem to make a depth difference. Gain at 10, you want to hear every weak signal. I hunt with the Threshold tone, varib and limits all at 10. I normally hunt in conductive. Sometimes when im looking for smaller jewelry i will turn the threshold tone down to 1... it really makes the targets in that range sound off like iron would in Ferr. Really makes you stop. If you are looking for recent drops.... start at the towel line.... somewhere close to where it starts down at high tide. Always hunt at LOW tide. At the towel liine expect to dig somewhere around 400 trash to 1 piece of jewelry.... the closer you are to the water the less trash you will dig. start with a zig zag back and forth to and from the water. After a couple of passes you should be able to find a troff just by looking at where you dug. If you are finding low density targets in the troff move closer to the water..... because gold is 100 times heaver than sand and most trash. Plus rings have no surface and sink deep. You have an advantage on the wet sand over VLF machines you can expect to dig 50 to 1 there to the water edge... not my math NASA Toms. You coil is water proof... but not the box. I recommend putting a sticker over your speaker if you dont have a cover just to be safe. Dont hunt where people are fishing because they fish where most people dont swim and you get a ton of sinkers and hooks.

Dew

Thanks Dew!

NP.... we are heading down again next week. Got to close on our house down in Englewood.... then hopefully by fall ill be beaching it full time. Ive been going down for the winter now about 3 years once we stopped traveling full time. Not keen on Fla... but ill be close to the beach and its WARM.

Dew