Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beach/water hunting

A

Anonymous

I am going to buy a CZ20 detector, my question for you avid beach /water hunters is should I go with the 8 or 10.5 inch coil.
Does the 10.5 give too much resistance in the water? Is it worth the extra money for the little extra depth? Is the 10.5 too heavy when out of the water doing the beach.
Your thoughts and advice appreciated.
Jay

I'd go with the larger coil because somedays you might be hunting the wet sand or even dry sand, and you would want as much coverage as possible.
I don't think there would be a huge difference between the two coils (8.5 & 10) in resistance. I use a 15" WOT coil and wouldn't replace it for nothing!
Just my two cents,
Good luck,
-Rich

The 8 will go through the water better. It also will be more sensitive to small gold. The 10 will give you better coverage and more depth. The 10 is a little more front heavy. I prefer the extra depth do to gold is heavy and has the hole so it sinks fast and goes deep. On my Excalibur I had a 10 first than went to a 8 I found the 8 to give 2 to 3 inches less depth then figured out I was losing the same in coverage. My gold intake went down so I put a 10 back on it. Other hunter swear by the 8.I have owned the CZ20 and prefer the Excalibur 1000. Hope this helps,Joe

Hey Jay, Definitely, go with the 10.5 in. coil! I have (3) water machines, unfortunately, they all have small coils on them! But, I want a 10 in. coil very badly, and that will be my next water detector, or I will not buy one. i'll just send one of my Excal's in, and have a 10in. coil put on it.
HH, NamvetLesTreasureSeeker