Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beachhunter id

I bought a BHID about two months ago and right away I've had some success. The biggest decision you will have to make is whether or not to search in all meatal or disc. You will get better depth in all metal but be prepared to dig everything especially if you're in really trashy area. It does take a little time figuring out the lights. I've been told be other users not to dig anything that even shows as red. Sometimes you will get signals that flash between iron and ring. Best of success.

I have read where the coil wants to float. I don't see why it's not fitted with a solid coil. I think this would be common sense for a water detector. It just wouldn't seem right to strap on a bag of sand to keep the coil under. That may be a deciding factor for me when I get ready to purchase an underwater detector. For you BHID users have you found the coil floating to be a problem?

This detector was designed to be a all around BEACH detector....where you can hunt dry sand in tone id mode and move fast....then flip to visual id hunt wet sand and water.....a wieghted coil would make this very hard to do..I keep my B.H.ID chest mounted and find it very easy to swing in water...it only floats up if you let go of the shaft...I have used a bunch of detectors for the beach/water...this one is the best in my book!!! good luck!! and happy hunting all!!

Beach Hunter,
This is good to know. I guess I didn't mean a weighted coil but rather a solid coil like the new 12 inch coil.