Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beachscan MK2

A

Anonymous

Hi to all,
The weather has been real rainy this spring, and it has played a big part on what unit gets used the most. The Deepstar sales have been brisk so I have put most of my time in with them. Along comes in the Aquastar, and I jump to give it my attention. All this time I have had one other unit that has been left by the way side, the Beachscan MK2. Friday I decided to make it a detecting day. My buddy Charlie using my modified Surfmaster PI and my self with the only other PI detector I have at the time, Beachscan MK2, head out to the beach. Here is a brief description of the Beachscan that Eric gave me.
"This is an example of a PI detector that breaks with traditional principles to some degree. Instead of pulsing a high current through a low resistance and low inductance coil it pulses only 0.2A peak through a 10 ohm coil that has an additional 39 ohms in series. The coil also has an inductance of over three times the usual amount but we are still able to sample at the magic 15uS for use on a wet beach. The MosFet can be a small one with a relatively low voltage rating and the mean dc current taken from the batteries is only 65mA giving good life from 8AA cells.
High Frequency pulse induction - 6000 p.p.s. with Reject control at Min."
Sometimes it

Hi Bill,
When you get a chance, bury a nickel in the wet sand and see what ranges you get with the Beachscan.
Eric.

A buried nickle was detectable at 11" with a good signal. This was about the same depth it gave laying on top of the ground also. I was using the 8" coil.
Bill