Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BearKat video test request...

Tye

Hey BK...

Was wondering if you might do a little test using the 'detuned ground balance' sensitivity enhancement trick to see how well it works on dry land using some of
of your nuggets? It was startling to see how much depth was gained on the salt water tests when using the factory gb settings without doing any ground balancing at all.
Maybe a little noisy but if it can be done in salt water...I think you can do it in your '78' ground. If it's too noisy...maybe just a partial GB tune.

I'm thinking GB detuning could become the method of choice....in less mineralized ground.

So a test using that method could be full of good surprises for dry ground hunters too...
Might even have to redo a couple of comparison tests as well....:wiggle:

Cheers,

Tye

I was already thinking if doing a video just like you asked for Tye after doing a bit myself already and also from that beach ATX video.
It should be called" hot tuning the ATX" because that's what it is actually... Not less tuned. It's like making a VLF slight positive GB is making it hotter ones gold but also a bit noisier.
What I have seen so far is if you make it hotter on the GB you really can't run it with the sensitivity too high...but you can actually set it on like 7-8 power and have it way off on ground balance and get some pretty killer depth... I call it hot tuning the ATX...

Will test it out tmro as I'm going to a small mining area and poke around a bit...

BK

BK....

That sounds great ! I'm sure it will be very interesting.....

When I mentioned partial tuning .... I just ment relative to nulling out the ground reaction completely....if it had manual ground balance it would be easy to adjust your temperature to suit what the ground would allow. I guess you'd have to find the sweet spot mixture where the trade off between trimming back sensitivity for noise and loosing sensitivity from full ground balancing gives the best sensitivity in the ground being detected. I have know idea how often it would be useful....but your test would be valuable....

Thanks BearKat !

Cheers,

Tye