Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beating a nearly dead horse till it spits silver:crylol:

Ytcoinshooter

Driving the 40+ miles for the fourth time to go over the same spot I wondered out loud if I was really just beating a nearly dead horse. Maybe it was the combination of previous finds and beautiful autumn colors that ringed the lake made me think even if nothing turns up I could still have a good time just proving that this spot is played and thinking that the next old spot here my stepson located for Wednesday will hold promise. Over two hours in the water directly in front of where we had made all the previous finds from the shore to the receding water line was a bust. The amount of silt and mud made every step a chore trying to free my feet for each step. Standing in one spot for any length was a gamble as the bottom tried to suction me in place. Any small targets here must have sunk so deep in the thick muck to be out of range. Moving closer to the edge of the receding water netted one 1919 wheat cent and the 1943 war nickel. Shedding the waders and opting to try the CZ21 and my swamp boots I decided to go over all the previously hunted exposed area.
[URL=http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/idigther/media/Detecting%20finds/C48FCAAA-CBDC-4361-A386-C2C7E5FB9549_zpsnjxwor25.jpg.html]
For a short time there were a few signals and you can see in the pictures what did turn up. It's my belief that using the diverse combination of Garrett, Minelab & Fisher detectors each seeing the "ground" a little differently helped to ferret out as much as I had found.
HH - Bruce

Man, you worked hard for those coins! It's patience and persistence that always pays off though and you definitely have both!! Thanks for sharing!!

The bags are for transporting dirty coils in my car. It also keeps the crud off the floor in the house. Ever since I got rid of my gas guzzling van I don't have the cargo space to toss in wet and dirty detecting gear. Everything gets bagged or placed in plastic cargo buckets - wet suit, waders, scoops, boots, shovels...Many times now I've thought that a CRV would have been a better choice for me but at the time I really wanted the V6 offered in the Accord and thats what I bought.
HH - Bruce

Outstanding work and gear!:clapping: I bag my coils like that when hunting in the snow...it keeps the coil from getting packed in on it and weighing 20 lbs...
Nice clean out there Bruce!
Mud

Bristol, CT. About 18 miles west of hartford. Have had street bikes over 35 years, retired state government I.T. geek. Two things always helped clear my head: 1) a nice putt out in the countryside. 2) Putting on my headphones and turning on my detector. I could include a third, having a nice cold beer after either #1 or #2 :beers:
HH - Bruce