Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beautiful CZ 70

cometguy

Guys I am thrilled with my recent purchase of a "like new" CZ 70. I was also lucky enough to scare up one of the rare 12 inch coils. They both look like we went back to 1999 and picked them up at the store. I was shocked at how nice they both were. Almost sorry to take them out and get them muddy. Got a grass hunt planned Monday with a buddy at a fairgrounds. The place has been hammered, is trashy but I am sure it still holds some treasure. I can't wait to slow down and see if we can scare up any cool old coins in the midst of the modern trash. Planning on taking two CZs and running one with the stock coil and one with the five inch coil. I know I will need to slow down and listen carefully. Planning on digging plenty of junk and hoping to find a few sleepers. If you have any input about things I should try, I would love to hear your suggestions. Planning on leaving the 12 inch in the truck, since this place is super trashy. I will let you know how things go.

Hello, and congrats on the "new" CZ 70.
A great machine for sure.
Sorry, no suggestions here, but this is the way I use mine:
ID mode on, sens 4-6, volume 4 or lower (no audio boost), nothing notched out,
ground balance very well done.
Then I decide by the sound to dig or not.
Some time I dig iron sound just to confirm.
And as it is always said, if in doubt, dig; so I do.
May be one suggestion for the deep old ones,
volume from 6 (and higher) will switch on audio boost for the faint targets.
So may be you better use this feature?

Hope you will pull out some nice targets from the dirt.
Best of Luck

Don't you just love when you find a CZ in like new condition or any Detector for that matter, Good for you.