Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beavers hitting in the 80's

amberjack

beavers hitting in the 80's on a slightly moded hot program anyone else have this?

is there a fix??

thanks..

AJ

I have a few hundred hrs on the deus, It is my biggest complaint.. For me in my area most targets read very high in dirt more than 4 or 5 inches.. So for me it is not a great park hunter but it shines in the old areas infested with iron.

good to know its just not me :biggrin: so thanks for that....I think :lmfao:

guess its going to work ok for me as I mostly bought it for park gold hunting (light weight & no wires) and like you said iron ridden spots so more time spent with it will see where it shines I know it smashes those old beavers so gold is only a plug away :buds: or busted knees which ever comes 1st. :unsure:

so again thanks for the heads up !!

AJ

AJ,

Haven't tried V4 Hot program yet hunting old parks but plan too soon, have tried a test bed of deep coins though with the V4.

Normally, All top end VLF ID beaver tails, bits and pieces of aluminum up in high conductive range. Can't avoid it. White's, Fishers, Teknetics just to name a few. They detect deep, will find deep coins but will find tiny pieces of aluminum as well.

Good luck, Enjoy the V4 it is deep.
Paul

its a hard slog learning a new detector after spending years with my fav's and knowing them pretty well, its hard to put them down and do 100 hrs and more to get a handle on the Deus I know there is no time limit on the learning thing and it takes time to dig sounds and associate that sound with what's in ground..no other way I have found that works for me..

I do think despite something's I am not liking in the 1st 10hrs there are also something's I am really liking and so I will keep going till I cross the line and I know from experience sometimes that can take awhile for me but when I get it I get it, and by line I mean knowing exactly what the detector is telling me and I think this one is going to be worth my time...

AJ

One thing I've noticed, if the tail is attached and laying straight out, I'll usually get a little higher numbers one way on the sweep. 90 degree sweep usually lower numbers. If the tail is gone or wrapped up, it doesn't vary as much. Still sounds like a sweet gold ring though, and even though I can pretty much call the target, I still dig most of them. Little foil balls are harder for me, how the heck do they get so deep anyways?????

What I was noticing in the park yesterday that coins gave pretty consistent reading whereas beaver tails were coming up inconsistent. Most of the beaver tails I dug, about 20, most came up at around 88 or 83 but did vary a little when zincs came in at a steady 84-85, copper pennies were coming in at steady 90-91, dimes at steady 93 and quarters were at 94-95, mostly 94 except for the silver one.. The beaver tails never did hit a coin number such as 85, 90-91 or 94 and the tails seemed to hit way harder than a coin. Maybe just my soil, I was using the Deep program though with GB tracking on. I dunno, I dug them all for practice.

try the old trick of using the tip of the coil to see if the tone or VDI changes. There solid on coins and good pieces of non-ferrous targets but seem to bounce a bit on beaver-tabs. Also, have an 8Khz program that should put the beavers in the 48-53 range. The biggest issue I have is beavers that are balled up, they have a VDI of 83 all day at 8Khz

yes pretty complex detector when freq changes and disc settings change numbers around much to learn and thanks for the tips..

AJ

I hunt on 4KHz exclusively. I began noticing beavers hitting high in the last year. I attributed this to old deus/coil (5yrs old). I say 1 in about 20 beaver tails comes in in the 80's but not in the range of a quarter, rather in the same range as bottle caps so I don't normally dig them.