Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Becoming More Religious

Idxpro

I'm joining the Church guys!!! Compadre arrives in a few days. I need to see for myself what all the hype is about.

Idxpro said:
I'm joining the Church guys!!! Compadre arrives in a few days. I need to see for myself what all the hype is about.

Not hype if it is true.
Never used mine more than part time but still found all this and more....
Welcome to the church!

Idx I know we can expect the real truth from you , Good to hear from you ,

I just got through with some testing out in the yard. I set the discrimination to the point where a Gatorade foil cap just discriminates out. I set a nickel about an inch from a rusty nail for the test. My Tesoro detectors, including the Compadre, nailed the nickel.:) The tones were sweet and smooth.

Since this a Tesoro forum, I won't say how some of my other detectors did in the test.

tabman.

Yeah? You know a fellow sure cant argue with results ...some of the nice mods I've seen to waterproof this machine look pretty easy too...this year is gonna be all about gold again...getting those stragglers dropped in the '70s or earlier....at least for me anyway...plus, this is a very active forum with great dialog and advice to support your decision..Oh, for twice the time, and three times the energy to detect!:clapping:
Mud

Thanx Gentlemen. It's been a loooooong winter here in Boston! I have been itching to get out there. It's not like I really needed another machine, but man it's addicting! I plan to give the C a go at some of the places that have really given me trouble in the past. The Outlaw has been returned to me and look forward to trying that out as well.

Forgot to mention, it's the 8" coil. Any thoughts from users with the 8" version?

IDX.....if it's anything like the 8" donut on my old GSII......it'll pinpoint like a laser and target will be right in the center of the hole....EVERY time!!!!!!!! Butthole deep in snow over here so it'll be awhile for me. Really liking the Etrac so far.....

Good luck with the new machine!!!

Oneguy, good to hear from ya! You stay away from us with that E-trac and leave some silver for us folks...Lol

Idxpro said:
Forgot to mention, it's the 8" coil. Any thoughts from users with the 8" version?

I played with one of these last summer.
Compared to my 7 inch coil version the disc didn't seem quite as sharp...close, but zinc cents didn't come in at exactly 3:00 every time like on mine.
Still pretty razor sharp, just more like a razor that needs a bit of sharpening.
Right in there with most other Tesoros so nothing to worry about in the least.
It still does everything that my 7" coil does, up to and including it's super power...double beeping on targets near, right next to or even leaning right on large metal.
Nothing in any tot lots, near bench legs or fence posts will be out of your grasp, now.

Also, this thing stock goes way deep without messing with th sense pot internally, but I prefer mine to run real hot so I would still turn it up if it were mine.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MmWzTo4GCak[/video]

There is NO hype about the COMPADRE.. You will love that little monster. Be ready to find the tiny gold and chains. I hope you have a long digging tool too. You will need it. Just take your time with it.
It will be one of them detectors that you will always have with you.. Let us know what you find with it ,, And welcome to the Church of the COMPADRE. May the coil be with you... KEN

Sorry.
Did that last post with the link from my phone.
This should work.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmWzTo4GCak[/video]

Did not get too much time in with my 8" Compadre before the ground froze but it impressed the #%*& out of me. I am looking forward to the spring thaw to pick up where I had left off in my "hunted out yard". You will not be disappointed!

Jeff