Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been a while since I've detected or posted here.... any new things I should know about?

Mi$$ouri Jim

I've been detecting since 99, The past few years I havnt.... and just yesterday i got the bug again (I always get it in the middle of winter). Just checking in to find out whats new with whites? ANything new for the Xlt?

Its sad, but I feel like a relic still relying on my old spectrum xlt. With the metal detecting world passing me by. I am hesitant to try to learn a new machine. Plus .... I have become ultra-frugal in the past few years, so I'd consider it a frivilous expense to buy a new model metal detector when I already have/use an old spectrum XLT & own a slightly used newer model xlt (backup for when my old spectrum xlt bites the dust).

I went out yesterday to an pathway/sidewalk reconstruction site for an hour or so. Froze my keester off & only came away with a longrifle shell, a 40 cal. bullet (I like finding bullets for some reason), a modern dime & a few bits of trash. Anyway it felt good to get out again & into the swings of things. The feeling of a lesche digger in my hand again. et.c etc.

Sometimes buying a new machine can make u really enthusiastic again but in all honesty detectors have'nt come on a lot in the last few years.U get all the glossy adverts telling us that we need this program and that when in reality most of the time they are a waste of space.I own a matrix m6 which is really simple with only a sensitivity and a disc knob and this detector can compete with all the latest offerings.The xlt spectrum is a good machine that won't be left behind buy the newer detectors so save your money and enjoy what you've got which is a top class detector.

Your XLT is the same as the new ones. Keep swinging it. Really the only thing new is Spider coils on Prizms and a new Prizm 6t. DD coil for the MXT, DFX and M6. Oh there's a new 12 inch round concentric for the same.

n/t

The XLT and the DFX will still be Whites main competition for the newer models coming out. Good machines a good machine... to a point. It's gonna have to be something that changes the way we approach our hunting, to get me to give up my present machine! Rest assured that our stuff will be relevant (as new tech comes at us incrementally.)

n/t