Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been a while...

capt.

3 years and one month to be exact, since I last detected. Just kind of got busy with other things. Started checking this and other forums out last month and got bit by the detecting bug all over again. Bought a used F-75 on ebay... but this post ain't about that!

Decided to detect today after renewing my drivers license. Was going to be in town for that anyway so why not? Took my trusty old Gamma and the new NEL sharpshooter coil to a place in town where they hold a flea market type thing every Sunday in spring and summer. To say there is trash there is an understatement but that Gamma and I used to be like a Jedi and his light saber! First target... a ring! Three years off and get a ring first time out! Turned out to be a junk ring but still... Dug some tabs and foil to reacquaint myself with my old friend and then proceeded to have some fun... While trying not to freeze...

Sorry, can't load pics from my phone to the forum but total take was 2 clad quarters, 5 clad dimes, 2 nickels, 6 copper pennies (the oldest was 1953 wheatie), 14 zinc pennies, the junk ring and another junk locket... and other assorted trash targets that rang up solid goodies but weren't. I dig the zinc cents because I have read that BIG gold can show up there along with Indian Head pennies. Maybe one day I will find both.

Had a great time and am looking forward to going back soon. That sharpshooter coil seems to do pretty good at weeding out good targets from the dirt. Because I haven't been detecting in years, I am the weak link in the equation at the moment... a situation I hope to change rather quickly.

Thanks for reading and happy hunting guys!

capt.

Welcome back. This hobby is addictive and the urge never goes completely away. I hope your finds just keep getting better and better. Good luck and HH. Bob.

Thanks Bob! Sun is out today and after knocking a few things off the "honey do" list I am going back out. Forgot how much I enjoy this!

Welcome back. Funny thing I'm almost in the same boat as you as I've been away from detecting for a bit and just got back on this forum.

Hey capt. Good to see you back. I left for awhile just like my old buddy Dave H (Dahut). he was on here a few months back saying he was "bit" again as well. Haven't seen him since.

That Gamma is under rated, IMO. All the Fratbros machines by FTP are awesome.