Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been a while.

ronbo57

A fellow Police Officer retired From OSPD the other day, and decided to start detecting with his new equipment. He called me and got me fired up again. Went out last weekend for 6 hours and again today for another 6. Mostly found items that were sentimental to the property owners, which they were happy to get back, and we were happy to return. Besides, a smile is the best treasure. They took the time to share the properties history, and their face to face stories with Hurricane Katrina, which took their homes. These places date back to the late 1800's, and the stories are worth more than anything you could ever hold in your hand. One of the owners told me of how she and her husband watched the storm surge come in, and as the water rose it sent them into the attic with no place left to go when part of the roof broke off and gave them a vessel to escape. They boarded it and it went strait to a tall cedar tree where they survived the storm. I told her, "God sent you a raft" she said "Yes, he did". And she is here today to tell me that story today. And you can hold that in your heart where you will never lose it. Anyway, it is good to get out again with someone to hunt with.

Congrats on getting out detecting again--good to hear from you Ronbo57, as it has been a long time & hope you hear more good stories about the properties' histories but also find goodies & get to keep them! Ma

Good to hear from you again. That's surely a God filled story. Good luck swinging & keep us posted. Steve in so la

Dig some cool stuff!

Good to see you back. Thanks for sharing the story with us. Sounds like a real good time.