Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been Awhile Since I've Posted............

morelic55

Got out with the 705 and the 10.5DD MF coil this last weekend. Even in dry, rocky ground the 705 never fails. I have used the 70/705 since they came out, wandering to other high end machines a few times, but always gravitating back to the 705 because it really, really, delivers the goods as far as my hunting style , a relic hunter. Even in trashy iron I can still pull the good targets out. I can't see any improvements that Minelab could make, other than a "Pro Coil" Like the big brothers the Explorer SE, Etrac and 3030 have. Yes I have tried several NEL coils, but they just don't work as well as the 10.5DD's do, and I have both freqs. I have not tried the big 15's that Coiltek has, because other than more ground coverage, I can't see the need to. I do have the 6" Digger on the way to see if I can pull some more out of really trashy campsites with it. Here is my finds for 4 hrs out in the heat, dry conditions, iron patches. All of the targets were less than 6" deep.

Thanks, Mark

I keep saying that I am going to buy a etrac someday but I haven't bought one yet. The X505 seems to be doing a pretty good job at finding the old coins for me.

Them are some nice finds you got there. I always like finding those 3 ringers when I can.

Mark, The 505 is a great machine. Really the depth is right there with the 705. It would be great if it had the tracking on it like the 705. Ya know, I tried a Etrac, had it out at least 10 long hunts and it just didn't impress me like the Xterras, way too many settings to play with!!!! Oh, Speaking of 3 ringers here is a .69 in the hole at 12"deep that the Xterra nailed..........

Mark

Mark in S.E. IA said:
I keep saying that I am going to buy a etrac someday but I haven't bought one yet. The X505 seems to be doing a pretty good job at finding the old coins for me.

Them are some nice finds you got there. I always like finding those 3 ringers when I can.

Yes....It has been awhile. Glad to see your getting out and hunting.
And, Wow... nice depth on that 3 ringer, Keep cool & stay Hydrated. GL

Good to see you on here again. I am thinking about doing some relic hunting Thursday with mine.