Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been considering the 11" coil but...

Jeff in Pa

I am waiting for more opinions on any depth gain. I currently only have the 9" and while it is very good I would like more coverage and a couple more inches of depth. I am curious just how much more depth I can get running the exact same settings as I use on the 9". I have watched as many comparison videos in the English language as I can find and although the general consensus is positive I also know how opinions run when it's the "latest greatest".

I hope more people here on the forum can post their comparison thoughts thru-out the coming months as this will give us all a better understanding of the newest coil from XP.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, here's my take on the depth gain:

When I was running the 9inch coil, I would get a lot of wrap-around signals, that is, I dug up A LOT of deep iron nails that sounded good. Since I switched to the 11inch coil, I have dug NO deep iron nails! The primary reason for this I believe, is that the 11" coil reaches deeper and is able to identify the iron nails as iron. I get a whole lot of iron grunts now and very few deep iron signals that come in high. I have not yet began to dig deeper coins than I did with the 9" coil but I sure have saved myself a lot of digging.

Also, after a few weeks, I'm finally getting used to the coil and I am now beginning to get dim whispers again. One such whisper was a 9'' deep wheat that came in with a nice, repeatable tone on the Deus with the 11'' coil.

I think stories of deep coins will increase as folks spend more time with the new coil.

David.

Thank you David,

I have noticed that sometimes spend a lot of time circling a high tone that pops a little and cuts out in one direction. Some of these are good enough that I want to dig but every time I do they are just deep iron.

So it's sounds as if you prefer the 11", I am thinking very hard on one and then the fact that another pole and I could have a second machine for my son to use.

Thank you very much for your input, it is very much appreciated.

Jeff

Jeff, last weekend I dug an honest 9" 1943 mercury dime using the 11" coil. The TID was 93 at 8khz. some people might have been able to with the 9" coil, but in my 3 yr old test area using the 9" coil I can barely get the 8" clad dime.
The signal was really nice, there was no question I had a good target but I was really surprised to see it was a dime instead of a quarter sized object. It is the deepest dime I believe I have ever dug with any of my detectors.

I also like the fact that when I am jewelry hunting, it covers more area per swing and its extra weight isn't even noticeable. I hope this report is some help in your decision.

Thank you for your input. I have dug silver dimes at 9" and more here in my area but the ground runs in the low to mid 80's and its very clean in those areas.

I will probably end up getting it.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff in Pa said:
Thank you for your input. I have dug silver dimes at 9" and more here in my area but the ground runs in the low to mid 80's and its very clean in those areas.

I will probably end up getting it.

Thanks

Jeff

Go for it Jeff, you'll love it. The only problem I have with it sofar is my pinpointing but practice makes perfect, Keep Stacking. Oop's wrong forum. :laugh: Charlie