Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been hunting with both my new AT Pro and E-Trac....update....

Bottomfeeder

Both machines are doing well. I have to admit that the Trac has the edge on depth tho. But its a $1300.00 machine too.
But don't despair fellow pro lovers. I'm headed for florida on the 12th to join up with a friend and his son. We'll be heading down south thru Miami and into the keys for a few days.
My arsenal will include the Pro, an excal, and my old reliable CZ-20.
I imagine the pro will be well ahead by the time I return home around the 28th.
I won't even consider an E-trac on the beach or near the salt water. Gives me the shudders to think about all that expensive electronics getting wet accidentally, whereas the pro will take to water like an old sailor. HH all.

Bottomfeeder said:
Both machines are doing well. I have to admit that the Trac has the edge on depth tho. But its a $1300.00 machine too.
But don't despair fellow pro lovers. I'm headed for florida on the 12th to join up with a friend and his son. We'll be heading down south thru Miami and into the keys for a few days.
My arsenal will include the Pro, an excal, and my old reliable CZ-20.
I imagine the pro will be well ahead by the time I return home around the 28th.
I won't even consider an E-trac on the beach or near the salt water. Gives me the shudders to think about all that expensive electronics getting wet accidentally, whereas the pro will take to water like an old sailor. HH all.

I just got the AT pro and put it together, havent hunted it yet.
From the detectors you listed, your leaving the best one home. put a plastic bag over the control housing(1 gallon size works great) and tie it down with a cut rubber band or piece of bicycle tube and your good to go. If your not comfortable with it wading then best not to but on the wet sand the depth and ID is superb.

Good hunting!
Neil

I have been taking my AT Pro and E-Trac out and doing some comparing of signals. The E-Trac is deeper and seems to ID targets better. I found a real deep signal the other day that I would have dug with the E-Trac. I ran over the same target with the AT Pro but when it did id the target (every few sweeps) it would give an iron tone.It would not even pinpoint it. I dug it and it was a real deep clad dime.

Then I switched to the AT Pro and dug a 1947 quarter in no time. For the price it is one best deals out there.

Here is a short video of that hunt. Not much AT Pro footage though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP9jUIyIhdI

It might not be able to beat the E-trac,But I beat it will whip the pants off that omega you got!

Sorry, your wrong Harold.......;o) I have done tests with both. In MY AREA the Omega goes a little deeper and has a much better TID on coins. The small coil on the omega will get a good 3 inches or so better depth than the small coil for the AT Pro plus pinpoint way better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY5r3tQmFKA

The only thing the AT Pro may beat it at would be waterproof and it may be a little better in iron. I will see if I can make some videos comparing signals between the two. I still like the At pro......;o)

Bill, if you get a chance sometime, do the same test but also note at what depth the numeric ID ceases to display on both detectors. I've done this with the two (using their stock DD coils) and found the results interesting.

I only have the large DD coil for the AT Pro. I got rid of the smaller one. I will try with both of the DD coils and send you a PM.

I'm starting to think the Omega I had was a lemon.I could barely hit a 6'' dime. But I did not have the 11'' DD coil. I sold it after they came. I was upset that I just bought the machine and had to buy the coil that they bundling free with the current new machines. I thought that was totally unfair and greedy!

You must have gotten a bad one or something Harold. I have even dug bullets down to 9" with the stock coil. The DD coil is even deeper. You should try another one sometime, I think you would like it if you got one that performed right.......:)

I don't know. I had the Omega 8000 as well and I see no comparison to it and the AT Pro. The 8000 was good but the AT Pro was better. At least in my area. The AT Pro simply blew the pants off the 8000 on gold.