Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been swinging the EX2 again....

IDXMonster

Since my CTX is at the doctor the EX2 is out in the field again. It is just amazing at how well this thing finds coins,even with fairly high disc in a lot of trash. I think 2 years of running the CTX has enhanced my skills and overall understanding of how coins might respond,and that has helped develop my ear as well. GOD!.....I wish the CTX had Variability and an in-line probe! The X-1 makes it SO easy....
Used carefully and with the proper sweep speed for the environment,there’s no doubt that the Explorers are still a top tier player and will be for a very long time. Just my very biased opinion....and for the price one can be bought for on the used market,a person using a beginner or mid level machine could make a HUGE jump in performance for not much money.

IDX, I feel you are right about a used Explorer and improving your coin counts. I always found coins even when other strugggled or detected to fast.
Sorry to hear that your CTX is down. I know the feeling when your main buddy is out of commotion.

But for me and my hearing - I just couldn’t hear the ping of silver any longer using the Exp II. I still have two of them and probably will go back to using them in the fall.

Tony

Ted S said:
What did you find Kevin?:detecting:

2 Rosie’s and a pocket of clad! For the place I was in it was impressive to even find that...

Nice! It's a little warm for me to hunt and I have to get my 3010 John Deere ready before winter. I did pretty well with the Indian head pennies a while back. The state tore up the sidewalk for a couple of blocks and the crew let me hunt as long as I stayed out of the way. Wasn't any silver though...

Chris(SoCenWI) said:
We need to get together and detect.

Chris

This coming weekend is my daughters grad party. After that....any weekend. I know an old park in Milwaukee that has a lot of potential and a lot of past silver. Starts with a W and ends with a TON...:)