Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beendiggin just joined this forum!

beendiggin

Hi all,
I used to go detecting a lot with my older brother years ago,and had a blast but he always owned the detectors (Whites). Well, I picked up my first detector today, a 6000-D for $75.00 with a soft case, and spare parts. I know it's old but I know it's a good detector. I live in coastal Maine and there are a lot of old sites to hit. Plus, I'm in construction, so I'm on a lot of old properties regularly. Anyway, my real hobby is bottle digging, I've been at that for about 30 years and I've had lots of success. So, I'm about to embark on a new aspect of treasure hunting. My brother is not able to get around like we used to, so I'm kinda on my own, unless my wife and daughters tag along. So, I'm saying Hello to all and good luck !

Neat bottles. How do you clean those? Do you use anything special? There is a relic and bottle forum on this website. Welcome aboard.

Hi Dave,
I usually just use soapy water, a toothbrush or green scrubber on the outside, and for the inside, some BB's and soap, or Cascade, swirl it around, pretty simple. I don't use bottle brushes but there are times when I drop a piece of scrubber into the bottle and move it around with a skewer or something. If they are really nice bottles , I send them out to a professional for tumbling. I'm going to get on that forum you suggested, I noticed it earlier. Thanks!

Welcome aboard BD. Bottles, coins, jewelry it's all treasure.
HH
Scott

Welcome to the forum.!!

Welcome aboard...I like bottles, but my back and knees would not like the diggin...

HH,

Thanks...I'm getting pretty excited to get out. I found out I need a battery pack so I'm calling Whites soon. Here's a nice late 19th century metal toy I found while bottle digging many years ago. It's about two inches across.