Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beep And Dig Detectors

oldkoot

Why are these beep and dig detectors not discussed much I know the Tesoro detectors are talked about but Tesoro is now a defunct company no longer being produced but yet they are still discussed all the time, there are Detectors like the Deep Tech beep and dig, which I know there is a section for Deep Tech but never much discussion there Deep Tech has some very interesting Beep and dig detectors, another Beep and Dig detector company that I never read anything on is Golden Mask, Golden Mask has some very interesting beep and dig detectors that you never read anything on, another beep and dig detector you never read anything on is the XP beep and dig detector the XP Gold Maxx, I am sure there are other Beep and dig detectors out there but I have not come across any of those as of yet.

These brands I have mentioned are produced in Europe, and from all appearances seem to be fantastic beep and dig detectors, have we all become so brainwashed that we have been led to believe the only way to detect is with a high tech Digital detector, detectors that you almost have to have a degree in computer programing just to set up to detect, I for one am tired of the Digital world so I have decided to start giving some of these Beep and dig detectors a try and start eliminating the digital detectors that I do have and own.

I have picked up a Deep Tech Vista X in a trade deal, in the short time I had that detector in my hands i have dug a few targets at depth that my digital detectors could not even come close to seeing, and believe me I tried every setting I could think of but my digital detectors would not see the targets that I dug using the Vista X, Deep Tech has a great dealer here in the U.S ( Richard @ Backwoods Detectors), I will be giving another Deep Tech detector a try also the Deep Tech Gold Hound

Golden Mask has some great sounding beep and Dig Detectors also although I have not had the opportunity to give a Golden Mask Detector a try yet, that will soon change because I will be placing an order for a Golden Mask detector also, the Golden mask Pro 4WD, but Golden Mask has a few other detectors I also am interested in and will most likely be trying out also

another Manufacturer of Beep and dig detectors is Nexus, I have been interested in the Nexus MP V3 but the price of the Nexus Detectors has always stopped me from giving one a try

The Deep Tech and the Golden Mask Detectors are both produced in Bulgaria

The XP Gold Max is no longer produced but I would love to find a nice used one just to give one a try, Pirate detectors is another European manufacturer of Beep and dig detectors, they have some pretty interesting models as well

There are also a few other interesting digital detectors that I am interested in that I may give a try one being the Gauss MD produced By Mars, Mars is a coil Manufacturer that has started producing metal detectors

as I stated I am tired of the Digital detectors, so I am moving backwards into some detectors that are just as capable and for me personally I believe will make detecting fun again, the short time I have used the Vista X, I found myself relaxing and just listening to the nice tone that was being produced by the Vista X

You don't need an answer off anyone else as you have comprehensively answered every one of your own questions.All the beep and dig detectors you mentioned are indeed fabulous machines and are well thought of over here in Europe as site machines,that is,awesome machines for finding small hammered and roman coins in amongst the iron.I had two xp goldmax powers,a very simple beep and dig type machine that will do just as well as any of the latest digital machines.
Fashion.........yes it's very fashionable to have the latest high tech detector because people,on account of clever marketing,believe they need one to improve their finds rates.....most walk around the fields making constant adjustments having no clue whatsoever how these adjustments are affecting the detectors ability to find targets.
Want to try a nexus...........if you ever have the money get one........no other machine will come close to it for depth,it will make manticores,deus's etc look like toys in that department.
Making it more fun again.........I can also see your point here too,I think using a more basic detector genuinely can bring that fun factor back,getting a signal and just digging it without trying to decipher inaccurate vdi's,50 tones,depth meters etc,makes you feel like a beginner again when you were excited by every signal you got.
I look at it like this,metal detecting is hard work if you want the best results and no amount of technology can change that.There are ferrous targets and non ferrous targets,if you want to find a lot of great targets you have to dig a lot of bad ones........trying to leave bad targets in the ground using vdi's and a million tones will mean you also leave good targets too........its impossible to totally ignore ally crap while picking up gold for example,gold comes in at all sorts of vdi ranges that overlap with the ally range depending on how deep they are,orientation in the ground,mineralisation in the soil,moisture etc,etc.A beep and dig detectorist has to dig all of those non ferrous signals which is hard graft but won't miss anything.A detectorist with the latest wizz bang wallop piece of tech will rely on an inaccurate vdi's(yes they are still innacurate'a certain target can give many readings for the reasons already mentioned) so they will miss good targets.
Most of my success has come with detectors without screens,it has been hard graft with a lot of crap dug,but I know I haven't missed a lot either.
I posted a video on a different thread of a comparison between a cheap beep and dig machine and a Deus on actual targets.......the tester went to a field he hadn't been to before and compared the two machines on each target he found.......all the targets he found were detected by both machines,in a couple of instances the cheapo beep and dig detector produced a more rounded signal.......it just proved that you can still have a lot of success with a basic machine,a top basic machine will easily compete with the latest complicated models.

You don't need an answer off anyone else as you have comprehensively answered every one of your own questions.All the beep and dig detectors you mentioned are indeed fabulous machines and are well thought of over here in Europe as site machines,that is,awesome machines for finding small hammered and roman coins in amongst the iron.I had two xp goldmax powers,a very simple beep and dig type machine that will do just as well as any of the latest digital machines.
Fashion.........yes it's very fashionable to have the latest high tech detector because people,on account of clever marketing,believe they need one to improve their finds rates.....most walk around the fields making constant adjustments having no clue whatsoever how these adjustments are affecting the detectors ability to find targets.
Want to try a nexus...........if you ever have the money get one........no other machine will come close to it for depth,it will make manticores,deus's etc look like toys in that department.
Making it more fun again.........I can also see your point here too,I think using a more basic detector genuinely can bring that fun factor back,getting a signal and just digging it without trying to decipher inaccurate vdi's,50 tones,depth meters etc,makes you feel like a beginner again when you were excited by every signal you got.
I look at it like this,metal detecting is hard work if you want the best results and no amount of technology can change that.There are ferrous targets and non ferrous targets,if you want to find a lot of great targets you have to dig a lot of bad ones........trying to leave bad targets in the ground using vdi's and a million tones will mean you also leave good targets too........its impossible to totally ignore ally crap while picking up gold for example,gold comes in at all sorts of vdi ranges that overlap with the ally range depending on how deep they are,orientation in the ground,mineralisation in the soil,moisture etc,etc.A beep and dig detectorist has to dig all of those non ferrous signals which is hard graft but won't miss anything.A detectorist with the latest wizz bang wallop piece of tech will rely on an inaccurate vdi's(yes they are still innacurate'a certain target can give many readings for the reasons already mentioned) so they will miss good targets.
Most of my success has come with detectors without screens,it has been hard graft with a lot of crap dug,but I know I haven't missed a lot either.
I posted a video on a different thread of a comparison between a cheap beep and dig machine and a Deus on actual targets.......the tester went to a field he hadn't been to before and compared the two machines on each target he found.......all the targets he found were detected by both machines,in a couple of instances the cheapo beep and dig detector produced a more rounded signal.......it just proved that you can still have a lot of success with a basic machine,a top basic machine will easily compete with the latest complicated models.
Thank you for the reply Nauti;

even though I have the digital detectors, I never used the TIDs I always ran in all metal mode and dug every clean tone so the dig everything is nothing new to me, yes I am not going to tell you that I did not ever look at the TIDs, i just never based my decision to dig or not dig on those TIDs because of what you stated 99.9% they are inaccurate, my main issue is the setting up of those digital detectors, always fiddling with settings and never feeling like I had the digital detectors set correctly for the ground I was detecting, I spent more time adjusting things than I did detecting and for me personally it took all the fun out of detecting

That is the one thing I noticed first hand with the Vista X is I ground balanced to quiet the ground set the discrimination a little and I was off detecting, it made detecting fun again and I really enjoyed myself for the first time in years, the other thing you are correct about is it made me feel good again about detecting, the thing that really hit me was when I started digging targets in a area that I have been over numerous times, in my own yard I sat the Vista X down and went in and grabbed one of my Digital detectors just to confirm what I suspected and yep if you have not guessed it that digital detector could not see those targets no matter what setting that I tried that digital detector could not see those targets, I was pretty much sold at that point on the Beep and Dig Vista X, that target ended up being a dime at 12-14 inches deep another target was a beaver tail off of a pull tab (and yes I know that's a garbage target) but its exciting when you have a detector that actually hit that at around 10 inches deep and the high tech whiz bang digital detector never even seen it, here is the kicker for me i never dug one nail or one iron target because I easily discriminated those out before I started swinging, took a matter of seconds to set that Vista X up to reject the ferrous targets, and it made detecting fun again for me personally, Lets just say I am now sold on the Beep and dig detectors, and looking forward to getting my hands on a couple more to try out

As for the Nexus MP v3 i would love to give one a swing but man that $2200 U.S price is a hard pill to swallow, I may eventually break down and purchase one in the future but it is going to take a lot of convincing myself to release my grip on the funds before I do purchase one

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to getting my Vista X, so I can hunt those iron infested areas that my digital detectors can't touch. It will open a brand new door.
My Deus 1 has a gold max mode on it, but I'm not sure that the performance is the same, as I have never used a XP XP Gold Maxx detector, but the settings in that mode are quite interesting.

Hi SK........funny you should mention the goldmax program because most who had the deus 1 over here used it in that program.I would put the goldmax up against any new deus in iron infested ground.......its just as good.Good luck with the vista x.👍