Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beep and dig for trashy parks

dan b

Does anyone besides Tesoro make a beep an dig that can disc to the levels necessary for typical North American parks and school yards? Basically I’m talking about foil and can slaw. From what I’ve read, it seems the Deeptechs can only disc out iron. Is that true?

Thanks,

Dan

I think Tesoro is the only American made for the criteria you mentioned. Fisher, Minelab, Whites, and Garrett use to have models. HH Cal

Dan,,
No there not true beep and dig ,but US made and quite effective.

Any of the Garret AT or Ace series. They have notch discrimination. Find something you dont wanna dig and notch it out.
The AT's and Ace 400 have better audio,forget the vdi's,listen to the machine. I understand the GTI 2500 is a pretty impressive machine and notch discrimination. In trash they work best with the lil sniper coils. I have the AT Pro and Ace 400.
I also have an old Master Hunter CX3 with power master circuit and a CX +. Both have true all metal and give a pretty good id.
The CX+ is a digital analog with very effective separate ferrous and non ferrous dial discrimination ,and the CX 3 has a good notch discrimination. No VDI's, pretty much beep and dig.

I will say I'm luvin my Mojave. It just runs sweet. I have added the clean sweep coil , excellent for what it was designed for.
Also added the 5 1/2inch concentric coil. Very hot on the Mojave and yet turned down gets right up to big iron and hits hard.

Welp hope I wasn't to far of subject. As said before, true beep and dig US made Tesoro all the way!
Terry

Actually, some of the newer offerings are an effort to match Tesoro but with more features that Tesoro chooses not to address. For one example, my MX5(Whites) can pass the nail board test and the initial discrimination setting can be set to right at small iron. I tested it against my Compadre and the performance on small gold is similar. This, plus I have the audio and visual discrimination operating at the same time. Thus, I hardly ever glance at the meter when coin hunting. It seems that Tesoro can't harmonize all these features into one model. I think several companies have similar detectors.

I do have 3 Tesoro based machines setup up for trashy site conditions and they do work reasonably well,do i use them at all then my reply is they just sit gathering dust,i i am looking at a easy to use switch on and go machine that takes just seconds setting up and especially for trashy site conditions then my main machine for that task is my trusty T2 with the 5'' coil for extreme trash or the NEL Snake 6'5x3.5'' both these coil options work exceedingly well...........but my Tesoro machines may well be good at doing the job still sit gathering dust and i doubt that they will be used again till later on in the year.

I use what works best for me on my my sites.

I guess I was looking more for experience with non-VDI machines, that weren't Tesoro. Not that I have anything against Tesoro, in fact, it's just the opposite. With all the chatter about waiting for a new machine, and people hoping it's going to be like all the other top end machines, it's got me thinking that Tesoro provides detectors that no one else is making. A non-metered machine that can be used amongst the can slaw, pull tabs and nails that I find everywhere I hunt. Does anyone else make one? DeepTech seems close, but the disc seems pretty minimal. Has anyone used a DeepTech at a local park full of bottlecaps and pulltabs? If so, how was it?

I guess I don't understand. Most of the canslaw and some statabs fall in the nickel range. And of course, regular tabs above that. Futile, unless you just dig all targets above a certain setting. And, at these disc settings, working in iron is kinda unproductive.

dan b said:
I guess I was looking more for experience with non-VDI machines, that weren't Tesoro. Not that I have anything against Tesoro, in fact, it's just the opposite. With all the chatter about waiting for a new machine, and people hoping it's going to be like all the other top end machines, it's got me thinking that Tesoro provides detectors that no one else is making. A non-metered machine that can be used amongst the can slaw, pull tabs and nails that I find everywhere I hunt. Does anyone else make one? DeepTech seems close, but the disc seems pretty minimal. Has anyone used a DeepTech at a local park full of bottlecaps and pulltabs? If so, how was it?
fire off a message to "Sven" on here. He uses a Deep Tech I believe and seems like a knowledgeable guy.

dan b said:

Take a good look at C Scopes cs4mxi.This machine has two discrim settings which are accessed by the flick of a switch.Disc one will cut out small iron all the way up to small bits of aluminium and the second discrim knob starts at small ally all the way up to larger bits of foil and ally.
The machine has auto and manual gb and is extremely fast responding.Simple,powerful and effective.

dan b said:
I admire all the great field machines that Deep Tech XP Gold Max, and others, but they don't hunt in my world that consists of aluminum tabs, slaw, cans. That 's not mentioning the 10 in pipe post, fences, benches, foundations and metal in sidewalks. I use a Teknetics Patriot with the 11 in coil for some of the open area, but I like the circuitry and 7 inch cc coil on the Mojave for 90 percent of my hunting now. Everybody have different likes and difference of opinion is what makes horse racing.

That Cscope looks interesting. I haven't had a chance to research it on YouTube yet, but does it have multiple tones, or just one like Tesoro?

As a hunter who after 40+ years of hunting is now a very selective hunter of parks and schools, I've seen one good response here. There is no "Beep-N-Dig" for this job. A good notch detector is the best.

Not beating the "Beep-N-Dig" just pointing out the right tool for the right job is all.

And yet how many times do you read that people with these high tech machines say that they "dig it all"? Why bother then?

The c scope is a single tone machine.
Park hunting is difficult.......notching or discriming out certain aluminium items can also knock out decent items.Personally i would set the discrim to the maximum you can before it starts to affect the items you want to find.......do this by testing items at home...........and then i would dig everything else.
In this respect,a beep and dig is perfectly adequate.......you will still pick up some ally but you know you wont miss any of the targets you are looking for.......there is no total fix for aluminium.