Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beer cans ?

HaroldILL.

How many still collect beer cans? I remember when it was big in the 70's. I had a ton back then my favorite being the Paul Bunyan flat top I had. I can't believe I miss placed it over the years as I saw one one E-BAY go for 500.00! And it wasn't even as nice as the one I had which was totally rust free. I guess beer cans are going up again?

How about Billy beer name after his brother? The 70's were the best of times in my book. Didn't have to worry about work then as the economy was rolling. Then in the 80's we started getting cell phones and later on computers and all this modern technology and the economy went down the tubes.

In fact he's number 23 as he was one of the first in that club. He used to have the basement covered from one end to the other top to bottom with all different brands of cans.

G..

I had a huge collection in my teen's. Used to walk the ditches along roads or dig into bar dumpsters, along with trading other friends for ones I didn't have. Billy Beer still full in the can, along with many other odd shapes and sizes of various beers and such. Some where common brand names but in very tiny or very large odd can sizes. Had all the Steelers Iron City cans too.

In my later teen's I was hurting for money to buy something and sold the whole collection for $25 to a friend. In my 20's I tried to buy it back at double the money and he wasn't letting them go for any price. Stupid move on my part. Some of those cans I bet are worth a pretty penny these days. I still have some M*A*S*H* beer cans sitting around in great shape, like 1 to or 3 I think, along with a few other odd ones. If anybody is interested in them shoot me a PM with your email, I'll send you some pics, and maybe we can talk price.

I have about 600 cans ON DISPLAY in my basement. Picked up most of them in the 1973/74 period. At that time many were on the market and sold in stores; some were already 20+ years old. So you get an idea of how old my cans are.

Some of my favorites: Olde Frothingslosh (made by Pittsburgh Brewing Co) with the 'healthy' woman on front. I even have an autographed can! The Schmidt (of the midwest) 21 can series on nature, Sterling beer's Kentucky Derby winners, the German gallon cans and the one mistake can I have - a Miller beer with no label and still full of beer.

Whole collection has to be worth at least 50 cents. :pulltab: