Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beginner need recommendations buy metal detector

A

Anonymous

I'm disabled due to lower back injury but interested in metal detecting. I live in northeastern Pa. .I would appreciate reommendations in buying either a refurbished metal detctor or new. It would have to be light due to lower back problems. Appreciate any recommendations of refurbished or brand new model & where to buy one. Sincerely disabled person interested in metal detecting . Also where in northeatern Pa. are places to search? Thanks You

Welcome Jerry
I don't know what your needs are, but what I would advise you to do is find a multi line dealer where you can go to and try different brands and products inorder to find whats right for you. Some dealers will rent detectors and that is a good way to find out if you like a specific type of detector.
A good dealer can listen to your needs and fit you with a detector or combonation that will meet you objective. Information that will help includes what type of hunting you want to do, what soil conditons you will be hunting in, and what your budget is.
I have used most major brands and found keepers whith every detector that I used, it took two years and four types of detectors in-order for me to find out what type of hunting that I enjoyed the most. I found that I spend most of my time looking for old coins and any type of jewerly and I have found alot of both.
I am a semi retired public investigator that enjoys getting out, putting my headphones on and spending some peace and quite time finding lost treasures. Sometimes its an old penny, an 1800's silver coin, and sometimes its just peace and quite. Good luck and happy hunting. TB

Some places sell them for $199 shipped (list $249). Users report good IDs on coins as deep as 6"-7". It has lots of features: tone ID, visual ID, notches for rejecting or accepting different items, and it tells approximate depth. It is under 3 pounds & I think the warranty is 2 years. There are other choices but this is the one that is really being praised as most bang for the buck. Think the Fisher ID Excel is fairly light but about $479 new (discount price) with lifetime warranty to original owner. Has numbers for ID & approximate depth. Most current Tesoro models are also lightweight & start at $150 or so, but most don't have the tone ID or visual ID or depth reading. But they do have lifetime warranty. The Bounty Hunters are lightweight & many have nice features but in my experience not depth competitive. Think most of them have 5 year warranty? George (MN)