Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Behind the neck headphones.

Jerry-Wi

I am thinking of getting an AT-Pro for my wife for Christmas. However there is a problem.

She has been using an Ace 250 for about six years. Her headphones are the behind the neck style that I got from Radio Shack many years ago. These work well on the Ace but when she tried them on my At-Pro, the volume was so weak that she gave it up in a few minutes. I have been looking information on what will work on the At-Pro but have not been able to find much in the way of answers. I have tried Garrett and several dealers with no luck so will give it a shot here.

Buying headphones just to see if they will work can be expensive. Anyone have any experience with behind the neck style headphones on the At-Pro?

Jerry

I have the headphone problem resolved. I did what I should have done to start with and did some Ohm meter testing on the At-Pro, original At-Pro headphones and also the headphones referenced in original post. Once I had my Garrett headphones set for comfortable volume level, I measured resistance of both tip and ring to the barrel of the connector. With the volume setting I had, both measured close to 500 ohms. The wife's behind the neck headphones measured 490 ohms on the tip and infinity to the ring.

Then I remembered setting a small switch on the inline volume controls many years ago when I first set up he Ace 250. I forgot it was even there.

The mono/stereo switch was in the mono position. It is on the inline volume control and is so small you have to hook with with a fingernail to switch it. Once changed, all the problems with volume went away and the wife is happy with the loudness of these headphones now.

So problem is solved and this very short thread turns out to be just an information post :)

Jerry

Information is always good! And you sound like an old telephone repairman...measuring ohms between the tip & ring, lol.

I often wear a hard hat when detecting - keeps the head safe from branches and makes me look official. LOL Anyways, when I do, I use Velcro to hang the ear piece wires to the hard hat and wear the headphones behind the neck. has worked OK for a few years so far.
HH