Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Belltone when scrubbing ground.

Dennis Harbour

So far I'm not used to the bell and high tones going off so much when the coil is close to ground. When I raise it to pinpoint ,the tone lowers or even discs out. Is this normall?

By all means , make sure that your machine is properly ground balanced .....If you drop the sensitivity down a couple of notches and your coil still falses a high tone when scrubbing the ground , you have an early machine with the problem that everyone has been sending their machines back to Garrett for ....Jim

Mine was doing that, and will be back to Garrett tomorrow for reworking. Hope to have it early next week, been using the time to find new detecting places and have found some hidden gems

I use auto gb most unless I set a few points lower when cherry picking quarters, most places near me gb at 70-75

chuck said:
why would the ground balance need to lowered for hunting quarters. thanks
seems a little deeper on coins. I'm impressed on depty for dimes , haven't found many deep quarters, found $85 clad my 1st month with at pro

U Willy
Good to see you posting again !!!...... Now that Garrett has worked their magic on these NEWER machines , and have been fixing the older ones, they no longer false ......You can scrub your coil till the cows come home wihtout any falsing .....It works as it should now !!..... The AT Pro runs GREAT now !!..........Welcome back !!....Jim