Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bertha DID Produce SOME Movement Here...

...not as much as I would have liked, but just enough!

I took a chance and headed for the surf lane last night and arrived at about 11. Low tide was at 1:20, but having to get up at 6:30 this morning, I would have to leave no later than that to come back. And yes, I AM tired, but I got 4 hours sleep and I think that will do me for today. I said before I left if I get ONE nice ring it will be worth it.

Well, I got there and the surf and riptide was still going pretty strong. And while the beach wasn't cut up like I wanted, the sand was much flatter...not heaped up like crazy as it has been lately. And in several spots there were some modest cuts. That's what I worked. I found a few dollars in crusty clad coins and then I hit a very nice tone and pulled the 14K men's band below. Shortly after that I got another nice tone that I knew was a ring and pulled what I originally thought was maybe a platinum, but turned out to be junk upon a closer look. Oh well.

The 14K ring is 7.7 grams and that nets me $130 in meltdown money, which comes out to about $65 an hour for me last night. I'll take it!

Pics:

[attachment 98418 16July08a.jpg]

[attachment 98419 16July08b.jpg]

[attachment 98420 16July08c.jpg]

n/t

n/t

n/t

Here's my haul from Va Bch (except the heartshaped silver necklace, which was found prior to my vacation).

It's hard to see from my cruddy photo, but I found a DEEP men's silver .925 Italy chain that was black until Mike used electroysis on it. It still needs some work to shine up, if I choose to. It was tough to retrieve from under rocks in Oceanview. I'm convinced it was down there for quite a while. At least the mid-70s! Also found a neat cap gun keychain, tiny silver celtic earring (wish I had found the other one), a .925 toe ring, and a nice .925 silver "tennis bracelet" with stones inside hearts. I wear that. And $19.11 in clad. Doesn't look like it, but it's there.

[attachment 98500 55StaceysVaBchfindsSmall.JPG]

You probably saw Mike's post while I was up there of all his gold rings. The one on top is the one I found. It was the first gold of the night for Mike, Karl and me and my first comfort band. I was happy with it.

[attachment 98501 MygoldVaBchringontop.jpg]

Sure, I would have LOVED to find more, but that's the way the Excal crumbles...

HH!
Stacey

The ring is a size 10. At todays spot prices, that would be worth $130. Of course that COULD go WAY up if the price of gold does. Or down.

I could do $140 shipped and insured. Any takers???