Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Besides the stickers are there any physical differance between the ROYAL 800 loops and the PRO SCAN 800 loops?

Pookybear

Is either of them a lower profile than the other? Does anyone own both loops for a comparison?Or owned both loops? I notice that Whites dosent even offer an 8 inch coil for the DFX or MXT.Thanks

"low profile" or thinner designs than the older "fat-bodied" 8" coils they made.

The inner design and field performance is similar, but the color and decals are different. Also, the ProScan 800 had the thin cable and the Royal 800 the thicker, more durable cable. I've owned and used several of both and they all performed quite similar. It was just an appearance difference, and the heavier cable added a slight amount of weight to the Royal 800.

Both of these are for the 6.59 kHz models that use the "Blue max" series of coils, such as the XLT, XL pro, Classic III,SL, ID and IDX/IDX Pro, Quantums, etc., etc. White's hasn't yet made an 8" coil for the DFX/MXT/M6/V3 model group.

Monte

"White's hasn't yet made an 8" coil for the DFX/MXT/M6/V3 model group."

I have visited with Whites about the addition of an 8" V nulled concentric for the above mentioned detectors. Seems like a near perfect coil for residential applications. Oh well, maybe "Santa Carl" will have a change of heart by Christmas. :twodetecting:

John London

jalon said:
Oh well, maybe "Santa Carl" will have a change of heart by Christmas. :twodetecting:
I sort of doubt that Christmas will be that exciting ... however ... I'm sure the #1 manufacturer will have some enlightening things to come in the new year just as they have provided us with a nice Coinmaster this late fall. I like a good 8" concentric coil, but I'd also like to see a true 6" spider-type coil, and even a decent 8" concentric to compliment the 950 and others.

I've come to appreciate the 950 more in the last year or so, but it and other coils are only "back-up" or "special application" coils to the 6