Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best 9v battery fit

nagant

I am tired of thick batteries that almost break my battery door. Anyone know of a thinner one? Have two tesoro's and both are a pain to get 9 volts in.

The thickness of the batteries isn't the problem, it's the overall height of the batteries. All others besides the Panasonic's that Tesoro sends and Duracell/procell that I've found are too tall, causing extra tension on the spring terminals which then pushes the battery towards the door.
I don't know any others besides the three I listed above that are proper overall height. All others from rayovac, Lowe's brand, Energizer, etc have been anywhere from slightly too tall to so tall they fully compress the spring contacts to the point that they don't spring back and need to use a paper shim under the battery whenever I used the "right size" or it won't keep contact with the terminals and loosely will move (One of my compadres is which one this happened to because it was my first tesoro and didn't know any better.)

Thank you, i use Duracell but had to use some cheapo store brand.

Duracell fit the Best in My Golden. They still are a little thick but the best of all brands I tried. But they are shorter than the rest also. I also use them in My CZ-3D as others are too long and bow out the battery door.
They are a little more but seem to last longer.

Go to the daller store and get a few batteries. They fit good. Last just about as long.

ken ward said:
Go to the daller store and get a few batteries. They fit good. Last just about as long.

Are they alkaline or heavy dutys? The HDs don't last at all. If alkaline I will check them out. But all the cheap ones I have seen are longer and fatter than the Duracells.

Nagant sent you a pm that should help you

Thats my biggest complaint about my Vaquero . I havent found a battery yet that fits . I feel like I'm going to break something every time I put a new one in .