Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best cleaner for toggle switches?

straker

What would be good for sticky toggle switches? I don't want to use a cleaner that leaves a residue. Any help would be appreciated! :help:

I’d recommend common rubbing alcohol. Maybe on a Qtip.

It’s a mild solvent and evaporates quickly.

Skillet, you hit it. I use it for a lot of things. Don't want to drink it though.

I decided to try a deoxit product. Didn't want to use anything flammable as this toggle switch belongs to a rare and hard to find Wilson ATD. Even though alcohol evaporates...i didn't want any residual traces left and causing a spark might fry the switch or worse. I also needed a lubricant that won't dry out quickly,nor turn to varnish.

DeoxIT® D-Series - Contact Cleaner & Rejuvenator

More than a Contact Cleaner . . . Chemically Improves Connections
(without harm to metals and plastics)

DeoxIT® D-Series contact cleaner is a fast-acting deoxidizing solution that cleans, protects, lubricates and improves conductivity on all metal connectors and contacts.
Use as a general treatment for connectors, contacts and other metal surfaces, and on non-critical metal surfaces with severe oxidation and corrosion. If the metal surface is discolored, it is severe. DeoxIT® dissolves the contamination and protects the surface.
For reference, DeoxIT® has approximately 20% cleaning action.

KEY FEATURES:
Improves Conductivity
Deoxidizes, Cleans & Preserves
Reduces Intermittent Connections
Reduces Arcing & RFI
Reduces Wear & Abrasion