Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Coin and Ring Machine

hunt2day

I have recently become a Tesoro convert after over 40 years of detecting and using a number of machines including Garrett, Mine lab, Compass etc.. I have a Sand Shark i use for beach hunting here in Florida and love it !! What would y'all recommend for a coin and ring detector for land searches. I would like one that has a good discrimination feature for working kind of messy areas. Thanks in advance !!!!!!

For targets 6" or less, I'd recommend the Tesoro Compadre.

It works very well in Florida soil and the smaller coil handles the trash beautifully.

At 12 kHz, it also hits on small gold jewlery every bit as well as it hits on coins.

Just keep your discrimiantion lower if you want the gold.

I uusally set mine just below"FOIL".

Tesoro Outlaw. It comes with an array of coils to tackle every condition.

tabman

Golden umax.

I love my "V", but right now, seeing how the Outlaw performs, I'd have to say hands down, it's one of the best coin / jewelry detectors I've used. Excellent discrimination, depth, versatile, and with 3 coils - you got it all covered.

Just wondering why yall would not recommend Tesoro's premier machine the Cortez for the best Coin and Ring? Of the ones mentioned only the Golden has a Notch. Here where I hunt I must have Notch or I would never get any ground covered. I did get just a little Beach hunting last week and I could see where the Deleon would be great in the sand but my principal places are Parking Lots and old houses. Both of which are covered in tabs that the Notch does a good job of knocking out.

daddyflea said:
Just wondering why yall would not recommend Tesoro's premier machine the Cortez for the best Coin and Ring? Of the ones mentioned only the Golden has a Notch. Here where I hunt I must have Notch or I would never get any ground covered. I did get just a little Beach hunting last week and I could see where the Deleon would be great in the sand but my principal places are Parking Lots and old houses. Both of which are covered in tabs that the Notch does a good job of knocking out.

Fair question and point. For me, I can only go by the detectors I own and use. I have a Golden being delivered tomorrow and in a few weeks or so, I just might be siding with Hank68. No question the Cortez and DeLeon are excellent in hunting rings and coins, it's just I don't own one so it's tough, for me, to call them out. Maybe some day . . .

Smudge said:
For targets 6" or less, I'd recommend the Tesoro Compadre.

I used to hunt that way too, but I changed.
All of these came closer to, or right in, the iron area.
With the knob set just below foil I would have missed them all.
Turn that knob down some and you will dig way more frickin' tiny pieces of foil, but you will also have a better shot at finding these types of targets.

I am covered with my Cortez. With the Discriminate set at or over foil, it knocks the depth on Nickles way too low. I usually set it at just above iron. I would have hit them.

REVIER said:
Smudge said:

I used to hunt that way too, but I changed.
All of these came closer to, or right in, the iron area.
With the knob set just below foil I would have missed them all.
Turn that knob down some and you will dig way more frickin' tiny pieces of foil, but you will also have a better shot at finding these types of targets.

daddyflea said:
I am covered with my Cortez. With the Discriminate set at or over foil, it knocks the depth on Nickles way too low. I usually set it at just above iron. I would have hit them.

Those chains and that really tiny gold ring were all found with my Compadre, but my Vaquero would have found these too with the knob set just above, in the middle of, or below iron...except for that really thin gold chain.
Even the Vaq has trouble with this one, it barely picks up the clasp only, and to do that the knob had to be set all the way down below iron to absolute minimum disc or in all metal.

CW(SC) said:
They went against there true ethics when they had them.We here,The Cult have never for:csflag:given them for it either.

Oh, come on.

The Golden Umax-SWEET!
:detecting: HH
Mike

We who? I think they great machines!! Speak for yourself, tigerhank

Hank68 said:
We who? I think they great machines!! Speak for yourself, tigerhank

Exactly.

CW(SC) said:
They went against there true ethics when they had them.We here,The Cult have never for:csflag:given them for it either.

Why?
Because they have screens, small as they are?

I assume for most owners it's still mostly about the tones.

When I recommended the Outlaw, I also thought of the DeLeon. The reasons I suggested the Outlaw are that it has ground balance, comes with 3 coils and would be much quicker to learn than the DeLeon (IMO). There are other Tesoros, such as Cortez and Golden, which have features which the Outlaw does not have, and these features can appeal to a range of people for the conditions in which they hunt. I have gone with the Outlaw due to my almost 10 years experience with the Eldorado, and the way that the Outlaw has impressed me in the few hunts I have had with it. Not saying it is better than all other Tesoros....that would be an inaccurate and unfounded claim. I think though, that anyone starting into the Tesoro detecting "world" will be well served by the Outlaw (and its 3 coils) for years to come. HH