Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BEST COIN SETTING FOR THE F75

Glen in Maine

I have been using the stock coil and the 6.5. The setting I use are Mode DE or JE, Dics 16, Tone 3H, GB are around 78-88, Sen 60-80. Now for my question for all you F75 buffs.

FOR COIN HUNTING WHICH MODE DO YOU FIND BEST THE "DE" OR THE "JE" MODE??
My take is that JE seem to be better but I want all of your feedback.... thanks and have a great weekend

Also I would like to know your individual Coin Settings!!

hello Glen!
there are a variety of settings but what is known is in some of the disc. modes like DE there is a point from Disc of 0 where there is a loss of depth and then a recovery. I think around 19 or 20 in disc. DE, there is a jump in depth performance. Now while some use little or no discrimination to detect the DEEPEST and FAINTEST targets, There have been those who make settings for super-cherry picking of coins. You will not need a high sens setting and near to nothing for surface coins. At a disc of 20, there will be no report of the deeper low conductors like small gold or lead. I have a .2 grain nugget that is about the size of a match head that reads a steady VDI of 18. At distance it will read lower and even farther, only a tone. Small coil better. Detecting the iron masked and faint targets takes some understanding, but the F75's expanded iron range opens up old ground as if it was never detected. Do some air tests at home with different settings and say a sens of 50. In DE test your target and increase the disc. a few steps at a time to 19-20, starting at Zero.

Listen to the nature of a coin's sound. Coins are consistent in their shape. Iron has a different sound. Look for good repeatability of sound and VDI on good targets. In AMM the range of VDI values are narrower than the JE mode when a locked VDI is difficult to obtain. Some use one tone and no notch. Some use those settings and then listen to Delta-pitch for higher tones. The audio is what you want to pay attention to and not get too tunnel visioned on VDI. Sweep fast for best VDI values in Disc. I read the manual all the time to remember the basics. Iron masking of a good target is a little more challenging to detect but the F75 can unmask these hard to detect targets. It can tell you the difference between two different targets or the presence of them in tone and VDI. That is when you will use little or no disc.

Do the cherry picking and then go back to hunt the targets everyone has missed with machines that cannot report as fast as the F series machines. I may look at a target in different modes and settings when it is questionable and possibly good. Practice looking for iron or bottle caps to know how they respond. Watch the FeO meter for rust blooms of different types of rust.

Good hunting

SJ

What I use most of the time is sen. 70 to 80, disc. 20, notch 1 and sometimes on 36, tone 3 or 3H ( schools 4 and 4H) mode DE. I'll get a dime at about 8" with the small coil.

Over all, I still perfer the de mode. I do, though, run my 75 pretty hot. Not quite as hot as NASA Tom, but close. I run de, 0 disc., sen. 90-95 and 4 tones. On new spots, I, two, check them out by running disc. 6, sen. 80-85 and 3H tones. I never use notch and disc. higher then 6. I do use the je mode for relic hunting. If one suspects coins could be 10" and more, 0 disc. and 90+ sen. will get down to them. HH jim tn