Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Find Ever

diggervance

Hello All,
I have been off to a great start this year and I would like to share the best find I have found in my metal detecting career.Early this year I found 3 class rings on 3 different hunts.a 1947.1956,1981. Last Saturday I couldn't get out detecting so I thought I would start researching the rings and hopefully get them back to their rightful owners, I started with the 1956 went to the Internet to see if I could find any kind of alumni from the high school and to my disappointment nothing.So I then tried 1957 alumni and bingo I got a hit. I then sent off an e-mail to the contact listed stating that I had found a class ring belonging to a female in the class of 1956 and I would really like to return it to it rightful owner and ask if he could help point me in the direction of someone from that class in closing the e-mail I left my phone number and e-mail address.Now not sure if this was an active account or not my hopes wear not high that I would even get a response. So Monday When I got home I check my e-mails and was disappointed that no one had responded so started on my honey dew list trying to figure my next plan of auction. At about 430 my phone rang and low and behold It was a lady asking if I was the one who had sent an e-mail out looking for someone from the class of 1956 to my delight I said I sure was,] She then introduced herself and we was off.I gave her the initials inside the ring and she told me she would pull out her year book and try to match up what I had given her and we said our fair wells.At 605 my phone rang and it was my new friend with some great news she not only knew who the ring belonged to she had a married name to go along with it. I then took the new information punched into the computer and bingo I had a match phone number address the whole nine yards.So I made the call right then got her on the phone explained who I was and what I had and ask if she knew where she had lost it she didn't know where it was lost as a friend had lost it but she identified it to a tee and right then I knew she was the rightful owner. Now the cool thing is she only lived 15 miles from me so I made plans to stop by an hour later to return it. When I got there and handed her ring to her I eyes filled with tears and she said she never thought she would see that ring again she said it was lost in 1959, They offered a reward I told them the tears in his wife's eyes was payment enough take the money and donate it to the church. I am telling you all if you ever have the chance to return a ring found do it there is no greater feeling ever, I have found and sold my share of gold and no amount of money would have replaced watching a 75 year old women tear up over a ring lost some 54 years ago

Congratulations...and THANK YOU for showing what this hobby is all about.

You made that woman very happy and also it had to feel great for you as well.

Good stuff.:beers:

PS: I moved your post here to the "Good deeds in detecting forum" so it can be truly be appreciated.:thumbup:

Some more paragraphs would have made the story more readable - but anyway, a great story and a fine outcome!
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf