Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Fors Detector?

Interested in best overall depth in benign soil some hot soil every now and then Fors Relic or Fors Gold+ I now this is a general question and each machine has a different application but out of the truck what is a better machine. I have watched you tube air testing and it looks like the relic has a slight depth edge. Thanks.

allgirls:
Interested in best overall depth in benign soil some hot soil every now and then Fors Relic or Fors Gold+ I now this is a general question and each machine has a different application but out of the truck what is a better machine. I have watched you tube air testing and it looks like the relic has a slight depth edge. Thanks.

i Coin Hunt and Relic Hunt, but devote the bulk of my time to working old, out-of-use and forlorn old places. Translated, that means I Relic Hunt. You brought up the word 'depth' and it doesn't matter how good or bad the soil might be, most of the places I hunt old coins, trade tokens, sheep ear tags, buttons and military insignia, and all sorts of other typically smaller-size artifacts, they are not located very deep. The bulk, like ± 80%, are located from surface to about ± 4 inches. There's not been enough activity to reposition dropped or discarded objects, so they are not all that deep. Yes, there is an occasional keeper in the 4" to 6" or even a rare 8", but those finds are in the minority.

Also, I don't know the types of places you search or amount of discarded trash there might be, especially ferrous junk, but where I spend most of my time, the amount of unwanted and unpleasant trash is so abundant, you're not going to be able to achieve any functional increase in 'depth-of-detection' until the masking trash is removed from the site. Matter of fact, my favorite Relic Hunting units generally keep a smaller-size search coil mounted ... full-time.

I have four or five detectors I have assigned to my Relic Hunting Team, and my most-used pair of detectors are the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic. They both keep their smallest-size search coil mounted, and they perform wonderfully. My most-grabbed or you could say my first-grabbed detector at most of the old sites in my FORS Relic w/5" DD, and that's is due to the amount of Iron Nails and other Ferrous Junk I am confronted with. When I work the fringe area or where there is less making trash in more open-areas, then I like the mid-sized 5X9½ DD open-frame coil.

Monte

Thanks for the info Monte my brother is looking for one on a couple gold forums with no luck yet there is some trashy where this machine should shine but once you break out into the open areas there is occasionally a 10" to 15" general service coat size button and three ringers I like the tone separation of this machine reminds me of the old Nautilus IIb and IIba's.