Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best gold beach detector?

Looks good and a nice collection of coils you have there. I see you wrap the coil cable up further up the shaft and away from the main coil which I do also so it not affecting the signal which I too do.
On my XS Sovereign I used the hip mount bag also, but tried to move the box back on the shaft and added a extension to bring it further back to balance the detector which really made a different on the weight. I found that I would turn the V clip backward so know I bad the control under my my elbow which made it easier when I used the all metal to pinpoint and also to check the deeper signals if good or bad. I did the same to one of my GT and kept the control box on the shaft, but further back and help on the balance so it didnt feel so heavy. I had to grind a way on the stop on the mounting bracket so I could mount the control box backward so it was easy to turn on the pinpoint and to adjust the control if needed. I haven't done this to my GT yet as I been trying to use a camera bag and mount the control box on my chest with a small belt around my chest so the bag isn't swinging when I bend over. .
Now on coils I felt the 8 inch coinsearch coil was the best when learning the Sovereigns, but they are hard to find now and they are no to be used in water. The other coils I like was the Joey coil you have to git in tight spots. The 10 inch Tornado coil beat the original 10 inch BBS coil while my favorite big coil was the S-12 of SunRay. On the 8 inch coinsearch I found these coils seem to make the tones last longer for me with my bad hearing and recommended to those that are new to the Sovereigns and having trouble learning this detector.
It took me a while with the Sovereign to understand it, but once it all hit me it was easy and every time I used it I learned more, those that got to know this detector well probably still have one as it is hard to get rid of a detector that does so well for them. Those that used one and didnt like it more than likely sold them as they didnt have the patience for this detector.

Thanks for reading these post and hope it will help you to do well with you GT.

Rick
I also have the 13" Ultimate coil.
A very lightweight coil for it's size.
Though not as heavy as my old Explorer xs with the Wild Orange Thing,, W. O. T. Coil.

Looks good and a nice collection of coils you have there. I see you wrap the coil cable up further up the shaft and away from the main coil which I do also so it not affecting the signal which I too do.
On my XS Sovereign I used the hip mount bag also, but tried to move the box back on the shaft and added a extension to bring it further back to balance the detector which really made a different on the weight. I found that I would turn the V clip backward so know I bad the control under my my elbow which made it easier when I used the all metal to pinpoint and also to check the deeper signals if good or bad. I did the same to one of my GT and kept the control box on the shaft, but further back and help on the balance so it didnt feel so heavy. I had to grind a way on the stop on the mounting bracket so I could mount the control box backward so it was easy to turn on the pinpoint and to adjust the control if needed. I haven't done this to my GT yet as I been trying to use a camera bag and mount the control box on my chest with a small belt around my chest so the bag isn't swinging when I bend over. .
Now on coils I felt the 8 inch coinsearch coil was the best when learning the Sovereigns, but they are hard to find now and they are no to be used in water. The other coils I like was the Joey coil you have to git in tight spots. The 10 inch Tornado coil beat the original 10 inch BBS coil while my favorite big coil was the S-12 of SunRay. On the 8 inch coinsearch I found these coils seem to make the tones last longer for me with my bad hearing and recommended to those that are new to the Sovereigns and having trouble learning this detector.
It took me a while with the Sovereign to understand it, but once it all hit me it was easy and every time I used it I learned more, those that got to know this detector well probably still have one as it is hard to get rid of a detector that does so well for them. Those that used one and didnt like it more than likely sold them as they didnt have the patience for this detector.

Thanks for reading these post and hope it will help you to do well with you GT.

Rick
That little 3"×6.5" Snake coil I'm hoping it will see earrings and such. Native gold would be nice.

Calabash. Seems I remember that name.

It was the best all round coil I ever used on the GT and it never came off once i'd put it on.Good depth,light,stable at high sensitivity,great on our ancient sites.........would pick up small hammered coins easily due to its sensitivity.........I couldn't really find any negatives apart from the cover didn't fit well.

In fact Odans,it's one of the only coils I've ever used that's lived up to the manufacturers hype and given me something that minelabs own coils couldn't...........basically because Minelab didn't make a coil this size and shape.I think most aftermarket coils are just a load of hype to be honest with the occasional one being a good performer but that's just my opinion.
Have a good Christmas.

It was the best all round coil I ever used on the GT and it never came off once i'd put it on.Good depth,light,stable at high sensitivity,great on our ancient sites.........would pick up small hammered coins easily due to its sensitivity.........I couldn't really find any negatives apart from the cover didn't fit well.
Still use yours ? Or find something better ?
I hear the world's getting interesting over thar.
Merry Christmass.

Unfortunately I sold my Sovereign with the joey to fund a different detector ages ago........big mistake........and since I bought a GT again I've been looking for a Joey for a long while to no avail.......missed out on one by a cats whisker not too long ago but nobody wants to flog them.Didn't know whether to try the nel sharpshooter which isn't far off the same size,gets decent reviews too.