Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best gold beach detector?

Odanscoils

I loved my sovereign probably my favorite. it was just way to big and heavy for my stature I guess you could say. And in the 100+ degrees temps for few months of the year we have here it was just not enjoyable to swing for any length if time
If its more work then pleasure its not the right one.
I put my control box in an old purse of my wife's.
Cut a hole in the bottom for the coil wire.
Just the coil and meter on the shaft.
Very light now.

DigDog

I put my control box in an old purse of my wife's.
Cut a hole in the bottom for the coil wire.
Just the coil and meter on the shaft.
Very light now.
Unfortunately after few failed neck surgeries wrapping something around my neck or shoulders not really an option. Need as light as possible around 3 lbs max no headphones
Just the 3 lb detector is challenging enough it is what it is that or just not do the hobby at all as i have been.
Sure want to

ROBOCOP

I modified my Sovereign xs2aPro by mounting the box behind my elbow. I got a piece of tubing from an aluminum crutch and it slides into the top of the shaft perfectly. I relocated the V-clip from the stock shaft and bolted it to the tubing. I made the tubing a little extra long and I can slide it to a couple of different length locations so the box can act as a counterweight to whatever size coil I use, currently I use the Sef 10" x 12" coil. I have to reach back to toggle between all metal and discrimination as necessary. I also use the Detector Pro swing buddy to the center of the shaft and I can make a nice smooth swing. I still have the 550 meter on its own v-clip in its original location.