Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Headphones?

Hi all,

So like many of us here I am a huge Sovereign fan. I started with the Elite and am now working with a GT.
I've been researching headsets to use mainly for turf hunting. I've seen a small handful of good brands such as the Killer Bees, Grey Ghosts etc.

Which brand do you guys use for the turf? For hearing those deep signals. Weight is not a concern I would just like to hear fellow Sovereign user opinions on what they use.
I've been hunting without a headset for awhile and had great success but I'd rather play it safe. I don't want to pass over any goodies I could be missing ;)

I'm planning on heading to my local detecting shop to try some out but I'd like to have a concentrated list of the best ones to consider.

Thanks,
Joseph

I have Grey Ghosts, Rat Phones, and AirHeadz cordless, They're all very good, but I particularly like the AirHeadz cordless ,because they are cordless.

Please let us know which you find to give best tone quality after doing the testing. I'm talking the little changes in the audio which can clue you off to say a piece of junk and a coin if at all possible to use something that is close to fooling you but the headphones made the difference. Thanks for any info.

I had never heard of the Airhedzs untl now. Found this thread with pics as well: CLICK

I have Black Widows very comfortable little bulky tones very well . good luck in your search as there are many to chose from and all work well for one person or another
Marty

I like the black widows myself, they have good tones and block sound very well allowing you to hear those faint signals/sounds.

I favor The Rat Phone's, as I can were them for Hours and not even know I have Them on, and I have big fat ears. And I also get superb sound from them to.

I don't see them for sale anymore ???? maybe in-between production models?

I have ordered a new pair of Black Widows, my second pair. The 1st pair I sold along with my SOV/GT, now that I have another SOV/GT I am going back to the Black Widows which are very good at blocking out the beach noise and I can hear the deepies. I have some hearing loss some due to my past occupation, some due to age, my wife calls it selective hearing, they are the best for me.
H.H.

Thanks for the fast responses everyone. Always appreciated the help I've found here on the forum over the years.
I've compiled a list of about 3 sets I'd like to check out so thanks again for helping me narrow this down.

All that's left to do is get out and try 'em out. I'm sure they'll make a world of difference when it comes to catching those deep oldies.

~Joseph

I have very bad hearing and need the volume so I tried many different sets trying to find the ones that will work the best for me and my Sovereigns and found the Timberwolfs give me the best volume and tones for my hearing to get those deep targets many miss. Now on my Explorer and E-Trac these work, but don't have the volume I need and found the Troy Pros give me the volume I need and had a chance to try them on the Sovereigns and they are loud also, but the tone is different and will take a while to get used to it as it seems to be more bass than the Timberwolfs, Like I say I tied many different one, some made for detector and some not and found these to be the best for me. Some like the Black Widows and a good set of headphones, but found the headphone of the Uni Probe I like much better for me. Sun Ray Pro Golds are nice and great tones plus a great build, but just not loud enough for me and my bad hearing.

Rick