Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best larger coil for AT Pro

ND Digger

I would like to get a larger coil for my AT Pro. I have the factory 8.5"x 11" and the 5" x 8" DD coils. I love the 5"x 8" for water and trashy areas, but would like something larger for covering more area per sweep and of course better depth on land. I don't care for the how the 8.5"x 11" coil makes some trash targets sound and ID in the copper or silver range. So, is there a good 12"-13" coil that anyone has used and recommends? Either that or I'm going to go with a Etrac for parks, etc.

Really happy with the CORS Strike 12x13", more coverage, more depth, no noticeable extra weight when swinging for hours and great balance too. 14 or 15oz (w/o cover) stock 8.5x11 is 11 or 12oz (w/o cover) ...according to my digital fish scale.

I don't own one. There is a lot of great information, and great video on it. I can't post the video on here because it has embedded advertising. It's a comparison of a detector costing 3 x as much as the Pro, yet the pro with the coil meets and beats it.

I have the nel tornado I use everyday and the nel attack for those special ocassions when I need to get down in the dirt. The tornado replaced my stock coil.

The NEL BIG coil at 15X17 covers one heck of an area per swing. It can be difficult to pinpoint but in fresh water and on sand...WOW!