Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Machine for jewelry on land

I've owned my Whites XL Pro since '97 and still running strong with the 5.6 bullseye concentric coil on it! I have found alot of silver rings, chains, bracelets, and pendants. And also found alot of yellow and white gold rings, small chains, 1 men's wrist watch (yellow gold) and pendants too.

It may seem antiquated to some folks with one search mode, one audio tone, analog meter w/needle and operating freq. of 6.59 kHz... But hey, it gets the job done!

I agree with BobOso, "The key to finding jewelry with any machine is to learn the machine." TC-NM

I had two detectors that were bloodhounds for gold and jewelry. One was the Tesoro Vaquero and the other the old Fisher 1236x2. The Fisher was, in my opinion, the best all around find everything detector ever produced. So Sorry I parted with it.

As you can see from these numerous responses, almost all detectors can find inland jewelry. I think more important then the detector is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Hunt spots that jewelry is most prone to get lost and learn your detector, whatever it may be. Good luck. HH jim tn

Lots of detectors will find gold rings. Smaller jewelry items of gold some detectors better than others. Small gold hard to beat Equinox 800.
Deeper rings Equinox good too.
Etrac will find nickels. Problem is user can’t get tone set to high tone on them, so user has to listen to all the other similar conductive junk and can’t single out which signals indicate higher potential nickel signal. Minelab CTX different story when set up properly for nickels.

You're right squirrel. Ive tested lots of family rings and I know with the CTX set on Target Trace you can screen more of the junk like slaw and some tabs. Can also set nickels and small rings which fall below nickels high. Problem with it you need to be a dedicated jewelry guy to make the investment even used. Have actually found more gold with Deus but I use it more now. It will pickup micro gold on highest kfz but that pickup plenty of small trash. I understand EQ really good on micro gold. Would take a look at a used one as jewelry machine and backup

IMHO, there is absolutely no reason with the tremendous ability to fine tune the etrac gold and nickels should be missed. I hunt in TTF and just found two buffalos with no trouble. Both screamed out at 12-12. Actually I find nickels as easily as anything. Obviously you are most of the way there to finding gold if you are scoring nickels. I really think you have the machine for anything on land it just needs to be fine tuned to your area and conditions.

I love the Deus for finding gold. I have found a ton of gold rings, chains, pendants. Loves nickels. I use the high frequency 4 X 9" coil. Easy to swing, can swing fast, easy to pin point & recover. Great in trash with incredible reset & separation. I have used AT Pro, Etrac, Equinox so far none can compare.