Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Method To Replicate The TTF of E-Trac

Bell-Two

How exactly would you set up the CTX to replicate the TTF as you would use in the E-Trac? I figure it would come from the combine function but what way would you set it up step by step?

TTF or Two Tone Ferrous mode is available as a stock tone profile option. The only difference is you have more flexibility to actually choose where the tone cut off is.
Here is a pic from exchange 2

The cool thing is now you can go a step further and have your ferrous cut off point as well multiple tones for your higher conductive targets using combined

Now that is sweet.....I loved using the TTF method with my etrac and wished that I could alter it so that I did not have to look at the screen for all the low conducters. This just added a hole new level of "I want this machine"!!! Minelab.....I haven't even touched the darn thing yet but I sure can say you hit the ball out of the park on this one. I think Minelab went above and beyond what we have asked them for in a detector. Its going to be hard to beat this machine.

wheresthegoodstuff and etracjoe are correct. You can "duplicate" TTF on the CTX 3030, to mirror the E-TRAC. But I think you'll find that there is SO much more available with the CTX 3030, you'll find that it was limiting your abilities. If you chose TTF on the CTX 3030, you can now move the ferrous line to what ever "level" you want. But there is more.......instead of using TTF, let's look at using Combined profile. If you set your Combined Ferrous line at 21, instead of the 17 line on your E-TRAC, any target with a ferrous content coming in at 22 or higher will give you the tone you associated with the bottom "bin". You'll probably leave that as a low tone. Combined tone profile further separates the targets coming in "above" that ferrous line into 4 separate bins. So when you pass over a target with a ferrous value with a 21 or smaller number, the CTX 3030 now gives you the tone associated with one of the "conductive" bins. And since there is a tone associated with each bin, you tell the detector what it is you want to hear for that particular target. Although not technically accurate, when using TTF you have one tone for ferrous targets and one tone for conductive targets. In Combined, you still have the one tone for targets that are comprised of a certain ferrous content. But when those targets do not surpass that ferrous line, they are sub-divided into one of four conductive bins. As with most other tone profiles, you can adjust the parameters of each bin, as well as the pitch you assign. HH Randy

[attachment 233523 Combinedaudioscreenshot.JPG]

I could see having it set up so you could toggle between coins mode and the combined mode, make checking out targets a lot easier!

Joe

is the FE line movable ? can you put a higher pitch in the 3rd top box than the 4th or do they need to be 1st box lowest 4th highest and in order like that or can you move them around ? do you get what i mean say am hunting for something that comes in at 30 on the CO line can i make a small box for that and issue it with the highest tone?

thanks

BP

Blank Planet said:
is the FE line movable ? can you put a higher pitch in the 3rd top box than the 4th or do they need to be 1st box lowest 4th highest and in order like that or can you move them around ? do you get what i mean say am hunting for something that comes in at 30 on the CO line can i make a small box for that and issue it with the highest tone?

thanks

BP

Yes, refer to page 43 of the manual, excerpt here:

Resize the Tone ID Profile
The Resize option allows you to manually resize each section of the Tone ID Profile.
1. From the Mode Settings menu, highlight the Tone ID Profile option and press
Select.
Your current Tone ID Profile will be displayed.
2. Use the arrow buttons to highlight the section of the Tone ID Profile you want to
edit (the active section will change color) and press Select.
The Tone ID Profile menu will be displayed.
3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight the Resize option and press Select.
The Tone ID Profile will be displayed. The active section will be displayed in a
different color with a numbered marker on each side of the highlighted section.
4. Use the arrow buttons to increase or decrease the size of the highlighted section to
your requirements and press Select.
Your edited Tone ID profile will be displayed.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 as required.
6. When editing is complete, press Select to return to the Tone ID Profile menu.
7. Use the down arrow button to highlight Exit and press Select to return to the Mode
Settings menu.
Figure 27

its going to be a long weekend reading the manual :blink:

thanks Don

BP

I printed a copy at work so I can read it away from staring at the computer screen. Some parts are hard to comprehend without having the detector in hand but I'm doing my best, & following Digger and everyone elses posts is helping me understand this detectors features.

yes i think you are right without detector in hand its a bit confusing , printing it out is a good idea also can sit in the sun and have a read away from the screen, for me i think i will start of basic and then when i learn a bit more consult the manual again guess this will take some time but that's half of the fun hey learning how it ticks and my interaction with it we are all different and we will all work out our own style i guess with the CTX. :biggrin:

BP

That is exactly how mine is set up. I have a modified Coin Mode with the standard Pattern 1 and Pattern 2. Then I built the Combined tone profile and saved it as Search Mode 6. I use the Pattern one from the Coin mode and opened up the screen entirely for the Pattern 2 in the Combined profile. Then I programmed the user friendly pad as previous mode. This allows me to hunt in one of four different "programs" by simply pressing either the detect pad or the previous mode (user friendly) pad. HH Randy

thanks Randy sounds good and next week i will know what you mean :detecting: i like the one push to 4 disc patterns that's is great :clapping:

just a question did it take long to get it set up the way you want it after using the etrac?

BP

Setting it up doesn't take but a few minutes. With all the new functionality, identifying what works best for you and the sites you hunt will likely take longer. If you have settings that work well with your E-TRAC, carry them over to the CTX 3030 and make the "changes" that you've found interesting. Things like the Combined tones, Ferrous - Coin separation, Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint with sizing, previous mode pad, etc. HH Randy

thanks Randy am sure its going to kick butt sort of going to feel strange putting the etrac down as its still working well for me having the etrac as a loaner who would have thought.

will take your advice :) and its getting close now :clapping:

BP