Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best priced sand scoop that works well.

Stix

Looking for a good sand scoop for lake detecting. I have always been cheap when it comes to sand scoops and looking for one that works well but doesn't break the bank.... Or is it always a game of ya get what ya pay for. Last year when I was out with those cheap $30 scoops and always digging and digging and missing the target cause the scoop is so small makes it no fun.

Sunspot Stealth. Read their warranty.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I will look into the stealth. Appreciate all the replies. Have a good evening and good detecting to you all.

Might want to check out Ebay. There are a number of stainless steel scoops coming out of the Ukraine, well built out of 1.5-2 mm SS, at rock bottom prices. I've bought 2 (1 for rock/clay mixed with sand and the other, with the hexagonal holes, for plain sand) and they each cost less than $100 shipped. Both are 2mm stainless and very well made. [attachment 330954 _572.JPG][attachment 330955 _57.JPG]

These scoops are cheap knock offs. Riding off the coat tails of a reputable scoop manufacturer. On top of that I heard the welds break within a week of using them.

While a cheap sand scoop will work for a while it also will fail much sooner than a quality scoop. Digging hard packed sand puts a lot of stress on a scoop. Even though the initial cost may be high you will save money in the long run by purchasing a quality scoop.

I actually had a very well build 7" aluminum scoop on a long handle but forked out the big bucks for a Sunspot Stealth 920 with a carbon handle. Money well spent. Now I get targets in 1-2 scoops instead of 7-8 scoops.

I think I am leaning to a little more quality. I would hate to be in the water only to have it break and ruin the day. Whats a few more bucks for piece of mind.

Thanks all.

Thou not the life time warranty of a Sunspot...... the Starvr is a very well built scoop as well at a better price. Chucks Sunspot 950 is one of the best scoops out there.......... it has some great features. Built in the U.S. and he will do custom builds.

Dew