Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BEST SETTINGS FOR DEPTH ON COINS WITH THE F75

Glen in Maine

I have used both Discrimination and Motion all metal mode.

1. In Discrimination... I use DE mode, Sen 80-90, Disc 6, no notch, Tone 3H and it quick grab ground balances somewhere between 80-90.

2. In Motion Mode I use Threshold barely audible, Audio Pitch around 8-9, Sensitivity as high as I can run it without interference, and I quick grab in Disc mode and add 3 numbers in the Motion mode.

MY QUESTION IS THIS...... Are these setting best for getting the greatest depth for coins??

Your feedback would be deeply appreciated!!

Got to "0" discrimination for the best depth with sensitivity as high as you can run it, or for the best depth, all metal with sensitivity as high as you can run it. There's quite a drop off in depth from 0 to 6 in discrimination. 6 in monotone is best in trashy areas for "unmasking".

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

:usaflag:

Can you explain more about the "monotone" unmasking? I always assumed the multiple tones would give you more information to decipher. How does monotone help in trashy areas? Thanks, Bill in NE Ky

Bill, go to Thomas Dankowski's web site and look for his report, which goes into great detail for what happens when invoking multi tones. Multi tones certainly have there place, but I personally can attest to the disc. 6, 1 tone, high as possible sen. setup, as my first silver dollar with my F 75 came with that setup from a very trashy spot. HH jim tn

Check out this link: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,929463,929884#msg-929884. Read it several times. A lot of info to digest. Bottom line, monotone at disc. set at 6 will be the best for unmasking targets in iron rich environments.

jimmyk in Missouri

Contact Fisher and get the new world detecting publication they released a short time ago..

Great info on the F75 and other detectors Dankowskis report is very good.[size=large][/size]

thing on the F75, but I think you have to get below the 6 some of you are running. The 6 is good in iron, but for top depth overall I go to 4 and under with the disc to add that little extra kick. Also keep in mind you'll add that little xtra chatter too when you do this, but that's the trade-off for super depth. Not a big fan of alot of tones, so I run the 1 tone 99% of the time......
HH,
Bill

Elton, I just called Fisher First Texas and asked about that publication. No one knew what I was talking about. Help....

Go to thomas dankowski metal detecting forum. The report may now be several pages back. The report is about 10 pages, but is a great report on F 75, T2 and F 70 settings. The F 75 does have a higher gain mode when using disc. under 6 and above 19. Nasa Tom's iron/nail infested site setting is disc. 6 and mono tone. When using multi tones the audio portion of the disc will instantly become a disc. setting of 15. Hence any target that is between a disc. level of 6-15 will now audibly report as a low tone and any target above a 15 vdi reading might report as a high tone. So sayth Nasa Tom and he goes on to explain in great detail. HH jim tn

here you go ask for this

Lots of other good articles too............

Here is the web link to the report:

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/documents/WorldTreasureNEWS-reader_01Apr09.pdf

Happy Hunting

Rich

I agree with Mr.Ladd.Run disc.below 5 & you will see more depth even on an air test.You will also have a better feel for the target as deeper targets will sound softer.I have neutral ground but still run sens.@ 50 in DE mode as the machine will stabilize greatly.I've dug 8''-10'' coins consistantly with this set up.Good luck,Mac

Yes Bill I believe it is..I'll check the article and advise.

Here is one article conclusion that says f5 is Highly Recommended

Why not "All metal " motion Bill ?
Would i be wrong in saying " No discrim " at all is the Better option as in All Metal for pure depth seeking capabilities. Why mess about with Discrim, when your Target value is given and read in the Discrim value even when using All metal. Why mess about sticking amounts of discrim on at all ,even low value amounts ?

A little bit of disc. knocks out those very small pieces of iron and even rusty dirt spots caused from the small pieces having rusted out and often times will give a tone. It also enables one not to have to check the id reading with every tic. IMHO, there is a time and place for both setups. HH jim tn

Hi Glen

I am having my new F75 delivered tomorrow and wondered if you could advise what the best settings would be, i have read lots of reports but getting mixed views, your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Karl