Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best settings for Explorer Se for a fields

DamianGrochu

Hi all. Hope you're well. Could anyone can help with setting the explorer se right for a fields with sef 15x18 inch coil. Many thanks

Manseller, I used the Exp II not the SE.
Mine was set to Ferrous sounds, most other advance settings were maxed out, except for threshold.
I kept my threshold set barely audible, I also moved slow, listening for the ping of silver.

IDXmonster will share his settings as soon as he sees your post, he used the SE. maybe send him a PM.

Also look above these threads and you will see stickiy notes, these are very helpful on display screen areas to watch for.

I am not home and don’t have my old notes with me otherwise I would list out my Exp II setttings.

Best of luck,

Tony

Hi Tony. I still learning the machine with the smaller coil I can hear the signal easily. With the bigger is litte bit hard to get the signals right. I think I have to change the sensitivity on the bigger coil. Thank you for the tips. I will use them as soon as I get out to the field.

Finnaly I have setting up the explorer se right for the field with 10,5 inch coil. Machine works stability with out any issues. Have been digging in a very mineral ground but effectived. It's a proper beast of the fields. I have to setting up the machine for a beach with bigger coil.

Manseller...I run the Explorer2 which is a bit different than the SE but Big Tony said right....Ferrous sounds and wide open screen,NO discrimination. Investigate solid and repeatable signals for sure,especially when the cursor plants and stays. Not sure where you are or what you’re looking for but you said it already....a BEAST! Good luck with it...