Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best setup in mineralised & emi

MINELABBOB

I have a spot old R&R but conitaminated with iron high mineralised GRD. and over head power lines (emi) hard area to detect but
should be old coins in area wen they built R&R back in 1880s. area is along tracks were mineral are high and i am looking 4 settings
to work that area. any good setups 4 such a spot??

thanks 4 any feed-back!

minelabbob

Bob i might try notching out 00-40. 0disc 3 tones reactivity 2 silencer 0 17.5 khz turn on the deus holding it waist high let it sync lower it to the ground swing it for a min look at grnd reading if its high say over 88 just leave gb at 90 sense 85-95 iron vol 0 audio resp 4-5. Audio overload. 1 Should work i have a spot here grnd 86-88 and overhead lines next to the tracks works for me here in NY State. Hope it works for you HH c t. Forgot to add tx2 somedays i have to drop to tx1 i guess it depends on whats running thru the powerlines at any given time

THANKS HH-CT
i will give it a go and see what happens. its 1 area tough to hunt my ctx worked a little but no real depth!
i will get back and let you know how it work and any other tweeks i made

minelabbob

Excellent. Hope you do well. no disc equals depth and notch to 40 will kill junk signals 17 khz not prone to emi if you can run 11khz or even 8khz it will be deeper still but in my situation i must run 17 khz or just get too much emi noise. HH c t

In the hottest of soils, best to use 18 khz and either 3 or 4 reactivity with silencer at -1. And dig all nonferrous readings. Deus one of the best VLFs for hot soil. Granted you will still be depth limited, but 6 or 7 inches deep in hot soil is actually very good from a VLF perspective. Many other machines will start signaling nonferrous targets starting at 5 inches as iron vs nonferrous when using discrimination.

And with the Deus you get the great separation/unmasking to boot.

hi squirrel
so you like 18 kz. and i guess i can drop reactivity if there is a clean area but leave silencer -1 alone.were do you disc. and tones what works 4 -u! if i can get 6-8 i think i can finds
coins in this area. but it is ironized 4-sure wenoi run my ctx there i was running 15-10 or 18 12 on the power end in auto+ do you xy/multi screen in that spot

bob

Would turn down you sens to about 50 or less and try a freq of 18 to start

MINELABBOB said:
hi squirrel
so you like 18 kz. and i guess i can drop reactivity if there is a clean area but leave silencer -1 alone.were do you disc. and tones what works 4 -u! if i can get 6-8 i think i can finds
coins in this area. but it is ironized 4-sure wenoi run my ctx there i was running 15-10 or 18 12 on the power end in auto+ do you xy/multi screen in that spot

bob

No in hotter (hot ground) reactivity really needs to be run at 3 or 4 with silencer at -1. In clean ground bob the coil and watch the mineralization meter. You see 3/4 or more full in the window----better keep reactivity dialed up to 3 or 4. You can always experiment.

And 18khz is a must in the hotter soil as well.

Now you may indeed find some things using other freqs and reactivity settings in your mineralized site. But using the settings I've recommended have the possibility of eeking out a few finds the other settings may not be able to alert you to.

And in the heaviest of iron no matter how mineralized the ground is------18khz is the top performer when it comes to unmasking/separation.