Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best solder sucker I ever used

TechBill

Administrator
Staff member
Findmall Sponsor
As an electronic hobbyist, I have done lot of modification on my metal detector over the year like changing transistors on Minelab Excalibur to increase the sound on deeper target so it generate a brighter led to my diving mask (as some of you know I am Deaf). I have gone through many solder sucker and always wound up going back to solder wick to remove solder off circuit board because the solder sucker plastic tip wouldn't exactly givre a good seal around the solder itself as you heat it up with soldering iron to suck it off the circuit board and often you wind up melting the tip itself which most time make it worthless and wound up in trash.

When I discovered this solder sucker, It the best I ever used .. I strongly you check this out! It got a silicone tip which give the best seal and does not melt so easily like the plastic tip. If you are an electronic hobbyist like me and always doing mods to your detector then will probably the last sucker you'll ever buy. I brought two for myself because I am always misplacing my tools around my house.

It's called Vampire tool and here the link to it on Amazon - Vampire Tools VT-001-SS World's Best Solder Sucker Compact and Durable Aluminum Body/Heat Resistance Silicone Nozzle+Spare Silicone Tube

No question about it .. a 5 star product on Amazon ..

Still loving mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2871.JPG
    IMG_2871.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 186
This is what I use, had it for 8 years https://www.jensentools.com/edsyn-s...er-with-ls363-tip-and-os130-o-ring/p/330ed351
Have extra tips, only on my second.
I can easily fit a piece of silicone tubing from the hobby shop on it and see if it works any better.
Yup. To me the SOLDAPULLT desoldering tools are also the best ones money can buy. Durable, easy to use and to clean, and they sell a lot of spare parts. But the best is, it works to my satisfaction.
Using mine at home for 18+ yrs.
May be your Vampire Tool will be equal, Techbill.
Soldapullt.jpg

Iv'e bookmarked the edsyn ss350 and the vampire vt-001-ss... I'm gonna try to acquire one of each... I'm still using my Vintage Radio Shack model# gar-bage... (pic for comic relief)... but I haven't found anything better til now... I don't think most enthusiasts realize how important one of these tools is when you dive into a project... It's kinda funny... we'll drop $175.00 for a used coil... and not bat an eyelash.... but a 20.00 solder sucker that you'll never have buy or baby again... hmmmm... that's alot of money right there..... :lol:

Attachments

• ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 92
Howdy All... many days and nights later... I have solder suckers.... I have the vampire vt-001-ss -plus- the xtra silicone tips as recommended by [B]TechBill[/B]... And -Almost- the Edsyn SS350 recommended by [B]Sven[/B].... My Edsyn is a slightly different model number SS350G... the only difference I see is a gold colored plunger shaft... I already have the perfect test victim in hand... I'm going to remove the six 9volt snaps from this Freedom Ace Plus... Clean it up... and install standard 9volt leads... just to see if it works.... as soon my work load... lets me have a nice un-interupted day (soon I hope).... there'll be some sucking going on.... ;)

Attachments

• s1.JPG
    s1.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 73
  • s2.JPG
    s2.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 69
  • s3.JPG
    s3.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 69
  • s4.JPG
    s4.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 69
  • s5.JPG
    s5.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 68
  • s6.JPG
    s6.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 75
  • s7.JPG
    s7.JPG
    408 KB · Views: 71
I used to have a TV replace shop for 10 years & tried several solder suckers but always went back to solder wick, like you said TechBill. That was ~1980, 50% were tubes but went all got to transisters & finally got throw-away tv's. Everything gets better along time don't they