Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Stock Program for Beginners

First time out with the Deus, I opted to use the Deus Fast program, since that would seem to be the best option for hunting ghost towns, even though I was hunting parks. Crazy signals, it was chattering even with the coil perfectly still.

I realize now that to learn the machine, I will have to start in the parks with one of the stock programs, then learn to adapt them.

Which program would be best to start with in parks? Basic 1, Basic 2 or one of the others?

With Deus Fast, I dug more bottle caps in one day than I had dug with the Etrac or m6 in the last year!

Basic 1 or 2 is a good place to start.

Try the dry sand program...I think it has 8 kHz, reactivity 2, silencer 4, and sens90. It runs very stable and bottlecaps are easily IDed. I think its factory program number 8 if I remember correctly.

Also if the program you run has a lot of chatter you can often mitigate some by dropping sensitivity a few digits .

Basic 1 or Deus fast. Best advice is pick one and stay with it till you learn it. It comes fast with the XP DEUS Metal Detector. I give all my customers lifetime support with questions on our detectors. Once you learn it customers call back and I give them some serious tweaks to really make the XP turn into a beast! Some really good settings I have learned about this awesome detector!