Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best Unit for trashy iron sites

supertraq

Coin and jewellery hunting in multi scenarios.

Going to be a tough one, maybe users of the other models who are not solely relic hunters will chime in.
The Vista Gold works for me, I mostly coin and jewelry hunt.

Noticed on Nasa Toms forum you made a posting about the DeepTech units and Keith replied with a link to 11 pages of postings about 4 different DeepTech units.
I am posting the link here as it makes wonderful reading for any one interested in a DT unit.
http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,37898,page=1

[size=large]For jewelry and coins, I, too, would go with the Vista Gold but not with the stock 11" coil. I would use the 7.7" X 11.5" coil. While the 11" coil is wonderful, it seems to me that in high trashy areas, the audio response is a little quicker with the elliptical coil. If you truly patient in working the good spots, you might even opt for the Super Six coil, it is Hard to beat under any circumstances. I have found the 2 audio tones even "piggy-backed" sometimes. Thanks For All Your Interest. Richard[/size]

Yea a lot has changed since 2013 though and was informed this is the place to ask about deep tech units.

Has the build quality improved? Read the pinpoint button is a bad design and prone to dirt intrusion and the pots are cheap probably China made with plastic stems.