Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Best yet !!! IMHO

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
(I am not a seasoned Minelab user, so bear with me if I make some remarks that are out in left field) I finally got a Quattro to try out.... As a dealer, when equipment comes in, I try it out especially new releases.... Well, to say the least, I am impressed with the Quattro...Let's get the negitive out of the way... Like the EX II, it's heavy but other than that, it's all uphill.
First, I like the turn-on-and-go, ... Simplier display....and as relic hunter, the
AM is great... The audio response on different targets under the coil is close to that of the MXT and the processor of the Quattro seems to be faster than the EX II. As far as deep is concerned, I found a small lead piece, that was flattened out to about the size of 1/2 a dime,at over 8 inches in dry white clay. The audio was "normal" in that for a target that small and deep, it should have been less in volume... Too, the ID was correct... Rarely do I get this excited about a detector.... I like the EX II and the GT, but this thing gets the thumbs-up.
I have read where some of you have had incredible depths at the beach... Well, I'm going in 3 weeks and see what happens..... I am open to any critique on anything that I have said and
please do respond.... Ain't this a wonderful hobby, 58 years old, detecting for 30 years and I get more excited now than I did many years ago....Best to all, RichardnTn

Hello,

WARNING (Quattro on The Beach): You may want to rent a back-hoe and/or learn Chinese!

Can't really comment on your "inland" experience, however, you will be REALLY impressed with the Quattro at the beach! Be prepared to dig 15" to 18" for even a small target! I found a 1/4" across silver heart shaped charm at 15" in "damp" sand (coin and jewelry mode, sensitivity- auto).

It is ashame that the depth indicator only goes to 12"!

Sounds like you are ready to have fun! What beach? Good luck!

"Yea, baby!!!":) I'm on my fourthe detector and Quatro is by far the best one for me. It's also the most expensive, but I think I got what I paid for. I wanted the Explorer, but couldn't quite afford it so I bought the Quatro, but it works great every where I've used it, great depth, terriffic handeling of salt water and mineralization, easy to use and wonderful discrimintation. I'm with you all the way on the Quatro.

Shagger's not kidding!!! You better at least bring a small shovel with you. It's too much digging for me with just a sand sifter. Need the shovel first, then the sifter. At least that's how I do it and it works pretty well, but if you can afford a back hoe, I'd look into it.:D