Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

between these two............

kelly95

A question that will be a pain but from what I've seen on Nel and Cors website, it looks to me like the cannon or thunder (same model I believe) is the best over all / all around coil by their ranking systems. I am wanting a coil for the F5 and have had quite a few say to get the scout/hunter. Why would that be with the cannon or thunder "ranking" so much higher? Now I know everyone has their thing but I just want to know about those two coils. If it is definitely a mistake then please say so but I am definitely leaning to the cannon or thunder. Thank You tons in advance! The F5 came with the teardrop 10" coil.

Ranking by the manufacturer is a slippery slope, they want to sell their product naturally but No one really knows their testing method. I have an F5 and have settled on simply staying with the factory 5”. On my F75 I bought the NEL Sharpshooter as my middle size coil preference, it is clearly the best choice for me in trashy areas. I have no idea on the coils you ask about but NEL is a good company.

thank you very much for your reply, i haven't had any until this. i will possibly look at other options but really not getting much response , again, thank you!

Probably won't get a lot of response! Not taking anything away from the F 5, but wonder just how many are still using it as their primary detector and ultimately, have had the coils you mention for comparison? I'm like Ronstar, I would take a manufactures ranking with a grain of salt. I've been running a F 75 for many years, so don't know what was available from Fisher for the F 5, but from my long time experience I've had good success staying with coils manufactured by the detector Co I use. Just my 2 cents, anyway. HH Jim Tn

Its kinda funny the rainbow of knowledge one can confuse themselves with on this forum. Exchange of ideas and thoughts makes for good campfire discussions. I’m with Jim on the manufacturer having the best bet for factory performance for sure. My experience so far tho is comparable to buying a new car.
First thing I did with our new car (2019 Charger) was change out all the standard interior light bulbs and switched to LED bulbs. Huge difference. I put more powerful lights in the trunk so I can see in the darkness and mid power lights in the vanity mirrors (Mama likes that). All the rest of the interior now produces a whiter light which is better for both of us to see by. I removed the paper air filter at 10k miles and replaced with K&N oil cloth, immediately noticed a slight increase in power and so far better filtration and fuel mileage increased almost 2mpg!
Two small upgrades but better than what the factory offered. I think the same theory applies to coil selections, sometimes aftermarket has the edge. Hopefully this analogy helps more than it confuses….. lol.

Probably won't get a lot of response! Not taking anything away from the F 5, but wonder just how many are still using it as their primary detector and ultimately, have had the coils you mention for comparison? I'm like Ronstar, I would take a manufactures ranking with a grain of salt. I've been running a F 75 for many years, so don't know what was available from Fisher for the F 5, but from my long time experience I've had good success staying with coils manufactured by the detector Co I use. Just my 2 cents, anyway. HH Jim Tn
I understand, I just bought the f5 for about half what they used to go for. No its not a fake, but I have always liked them and thought that is cheap enough so I did. I have a Nokta fors gold (theres a wayback for you) a Tesoro Deleon, and a Minelab Safari. the F5 came with the 10" teardrop and I wanted a DD for it as I believe in them more. LOL anyway, I like every one of them for a reason and I may end up going with the Fisher DD. Just seemed funny to me that the Fisher is the same price as an aftermarket "hot rod"

Its kinda funny the rainbow of knowledge one can confuse themselves with on this forum. Exchange of ideas and thoughts makes for good campfire discussions. I’m with Jim on the manufacturer having the best bet for factory performance for sure. My experience so far tho is comparable to buying a new car.
First thing I did with our new car (2019 Charger) was change out all the standard interior light bulbs and switched to LED bulbs. Huge difference. I put more powerful lights in the trunk so I can see in the darkness and mid power lights in the vanity mirrors (Mama likes that). All the rest of the interior now produces a whiter light which is better for both of us to see by. I removed the paper air filter at 10k miles and replaced with K&N oil cloth, immediately noticed a slight increase in power and so far better filtration and fuel mileage increased almost 2mpg!
Two small upgrades but better than what the factory offered. I think the same theory applies to coil selections, sometimes aftermarket has the edge. Hopefully this analogy helps more than it confuses….. lol.
No I get it, and I'm old enough to know how the market works. I realize the F5 is an older probably getting ready to be dropped model but you never know on here who has done what with what combination.

A question that will be a pain but from what I've seen on Nel and Cors website, it looks to me like the cannon or thunder (same model I believe) is the best over all / all around coil by their ranking systems. I am wanting a coil for the F5 and have had quite a few say to get the scout/hunter. Why would that be with the cannon or thunder "ranking" so much higher? Now I know everyone has their thing but I just want to know about those two coils. If it is definitely a mistake then please say so but I am definitely leaning to the cannon or thunder. Thank You tons in advance! The F5 came with the teardrop 10" coil.

I've owned a F5 now for over 7 years and I use the 11" DD Fisher coil, it's amazing!
The F5 May be old but every once and while things come together for a manufacturer and that's what happened with the F5.
I'm still learning my machine but now the Indian is catching up with the bow and arrow.

My F 75 is long in the tooth, too, but like the F 5, once learned, it will still hunt with the best of detectors. Like that W V guy, still looking 52, Fisher's 11" DD is still my favorite coil for the F series detectors. Great separation and depth. HH jim tn

I mostly hunt with an F75 with the Fisher 11"DD coil. I sometimes use the Nel Tornado 12 X 13 coil when hunting for deep coins in non trashy grass areas, but the 11" DD stock coil is my go to coil when hunting the fields and other areas that have normal trash targets. The Fisher 6" football coil is good in the wooded areas and also in trashy sites. I'm leaning towards the assumption that the manufactures know what is best for their machines.

The 10 ” concentric that came stock from Fisher on the earlier F5 is an excellent coil medium trash. Better disc & tid Thad a DD. It can also work close to metal poles & not overload so quick. Keep it in your kit.

I like the 10" concentric, too. If you hunt bottle cap laden spots, the 10" concentric does a much better job of id'ing them then the DD's. For heavy trash, the 5" DD hockey puck is a laser, and get astounding depth. HH jim tn