Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BH 101USER MANUAL

I'm glad you asked, I just picked up one tonight at an auction, threw the batteries out of the quicksilver in it and it seems to work ok.. (I "just happened" to have my other detectors in the jeep tonight) I found the manual at this link: http://www.detecting.com/pdffiles/p101man.pdf

It seems like a really cool machine, if anyone could give a few pointers on set-ups, that would be great..

I found this in my Bounty Hunter folder. It's an old 2002 post from the original BH forum, sadly long gone. -Ed

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Coinshooting with the 101
Posted by: Scott
Mar 28 2002 05:41AM
If you are only looking for coins use the discriminate mode. Set the mode switch to discriminate, put a pulltab on the ground and adjust the discriminate knob while you sweep the coil over the pulltab. Adjust the discriminat control untill you no longer get a signal. put a coin on the ground now and you should get a signal. Now your detector will ignore pulltabs and iron but still detect copper and silver coins and silver jewelry. Bear in mind that your detector will not detect gold or nickel coins now. This way you will dig less trash but will not find gold or nickels. If you want a chance to detect gold and nickels try this. Set the mode switch to tone mode and set the discriminate knob to half way. Put a nickel coin on the ground and wave the coil over it. Adjust the discriminate knob so you get a low pitched tone from your detector. Now put a dime or quarter on the ground and wave the coil, you should get a high pitched tone. Put a pulltab on the ground and try to adjust the discriminat knob so you get a broken tone that is a mix of high and low. Now when you get a signal you have some idea about what the target is. If you get a low pitched tone your target could be a nickel coin, trash like pulltabs or foil, or GOLD. If you get a mixed broken high low tone your target is probably trash like a pulltab or foil. If you get a nice high tone your target is probably a coin or even a piece of silver. As you use your detector you will learn what low tones to dig to find nickels and gold. If you are looking for gold you will dig a lot of trash because gold gives a low tone just like some trash does. If you just dig the high tones you will find a lot of coins and dig less trash. You have to choose weather to dig or not. My favorite places to coin shoot are baseball/football parks and beaches. Make sure you fill up all your holes and clean up after your self. Good Luck, I have found gold, silver, and LOTS of coins with my Pioneer 101, you can too!

CherokeeFan left you a link in his post... It's from the Bounty Hunter factory website: http://www.detecting.com/pdffiles/p101man.pdf

Ed in SoDak said:
CherokeeFan left you a link in his post... It's from the Bounty Hunter factory website: http://www.detecting.com/pdffiles/p101man.pdf

I printed the manual when i downloaded it.. Looks real good, just like what is included with a new detector..