Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BH pioneer EX.Good for children?

sterlingelastic

With christmas coming soon I was thinking of getting a MD for kid in my family. The pioneer ex is about 100 bucks at wal mart and I was wondering if it was worth buying or not. If not than I would like to know the makes and models of some that would be good for him. I appreciate any responses!:help:

Hi, I live in OZ and have never heard of that particular unit. There are many variables to take into account, how often would it be used, where would your main hunting take place, etc. For a begginer I would reccomend one of these three detectors, mainly for ease of use and reliability. The 1st choice would be the BH tracker IV, while the price is cheap the performance is not! I personally use 2 of these units, and they have found betwen $20,000 and $30,000 worth of jewelery and coins in the last 2 years. My next choice would be the Garrett ACE 250, an extremely good unit with turn on and go functions that will provide enjoyment of the hobby for years to come. My third choice would be the Minelab X Terra series, all of these detctors are Top units for the money and will not break the bank, I hope this has helped. Regards Nugget.:ausflag:

That really helps me out! I really dont know how much he will use it, but I do know that he will probably only be able to use it for coin and jewelry. I will check into these!! thanks for the feedback, and if any one has a Pioneer EX I would still like to hear a consumers opinion on it. Thanks!:wiggle: